Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I can’t pee and I want to cry

I can’t pee and I want to cry

Hi I’ve been going through a terrible time. I had a UTI over a month ago which only lower abdominal pain as my symptom, culture showed bacteria, I was on Keflex. I was still having symptoms so I went on macrobid, things subsided then came back. I have microscopic blood in my urine and I had strep bacteria in it 2 weeks ago but my most recent culture shows nothing. My white blood cells are elevated so my doc put me on Amoxicillin. Lower abdominal pain is subsiding but now IT STINGS TO PEE AND I CANT REALLY PEE like I have to push and push for a little to come out.

My doctor referred me for a rental ultrasound which I’m going to on Wednesday. She thinks it’s an infection OR stones. And of course in typical HA fashion I’m trembling thinking I’m the rare 22 year old with bladder cancer....

I’m just really scared and tired and want to cry because I just can’t pee normally. It’s like I’m blocked....which if it’s a stone that makes sense. Ugh idk I’m so stressed and I don’t want lose money at work having to deal with all this. It’s all my mind can think of and it’s slowing me down. I hate this. I was doing so much better with my HA but then I got off my meds :(. I am in therapy now so we’ll see how that goes. I’m just spiraling thinking I’m going to die of bladder cancer in a few years. I know it’s talked about a lot on here so I don’t want to seem cliche but yeah...not having a fun time. Could really use some encouragement. Also if anyone had any experiences with bladder stones, please tell me!

Re: I can’t pee and I want to cry

Update

I peed a bit more normally just now. Maybe I’m tightening the muscles? I don’t know. I guess I’ll see the the ultrasound finds any stones. I’ve had hard time throughout my life with drinking enough water. Wasn’t until colleg that I really started to hydrate more

You need to be drinking around 3 litres of water a day at the moment to try and flush things through.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

That’s what I’m doing. Just drinking a lot of water. I’m just going to be a nervous wreck until my ultrasounds.

It’s getting super hard to focus on things because I keep worrying about my bladder. I’m going to be a wreck until Wednesday when I get my ultrasound. I keep calling looking for a new psychiatrist( my current one really isn’t helpful) but it’s so hard to get an appointment soon!

You could have cystitis

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

I’m on my third antibiotic now for it. Symptoms keep coming and going. Although I wouldn’t be surprised if anxiety was also playing a role

The fears over bladder cancer are coming back...one more day until my renal ultrasound. My mom is pretty convinced it’s a bladder stone but I’m still dreaming out that it’s cancer

If it Interstitial Cystitis, the bacteria is NOT present, there is nothing wrong, but the pressure and pain are there. I have a very good friend who was diagnosed with it last year. Most doctors say that is functional, like IBS, and that many people who have IBS, also develop IC. Also, easy on the antibiotics, if there is no infection - they are very dangerous to your gut and immune system.

I know the feeling. At least you're not a male over 50 with prostate issues

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information