Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Patient summary

Patient summary

Today I’ve been given patient access to my medical records at my GP surgery. There are literally hundreds of entries of numerous dr visits, blood tests and tests for so many different ‘illnesses ‘ . I must have cost the NHS thousands over the last 30 years. Over the same period my husband has only 6 records! I have again had a battery of blood tests today and waiting on the results. I’m not sure it’s a good idea to let those of us with HA access to these records. Does anyone else think the same?

Re: Patient summary

The million dollar (or pound) question is, "what are you doing about it?"

I like having access to mine but I use it wisely as I don't have HA so it doesn't worry me what I can see.

You may be able to ask them to restrict what you see.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Hi thanks for your response. In January I had 3 months of online CBT and was doing well but unfortunately I’ve had a horrible relapse in the last few weeks.i think The older I get the more chance of some of these ‘illnesses’ coming to pass. I really wish I haven’t wasted 30 years on this horrible HA. Hopefully if all my tests are clear I’m going to re engage with my CBT

Thanks Nic. I actually like having access to it as I hope it can keep me accountable and reassured

You could always have your husband re-set your password so you can't willy nilly go looking at it all the time Then, he can wean you off and log in for you when needed.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

True but I know I would badger him until he let me look. It’s so debilitating

Quote Originally Posted by Worriedwellornot View Post
    True but.....
    There's that word.....

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

What benefit would you get from having a look? You say HA is debilitating so why do you need access?

Hi Pulisa I’ve been using it for reassurance for example I had blood Liver tests today and I wanted to see what my results were and when I had the last test. Although I appreciate things might have changed or progressed in the intervening weeks. So I suppose it’s not reassuring really.....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information