Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Patient summary

Re: Patient summary

It's good that you can see how this wouldn't be reassuring and obviously it wasn't as you are having more tests and seeking out your previous results to speculate and ruminate..

I'd give a lot of thought into what you actually get out of having access..Personally I think health records are best kept with the professionals when you have HA. There is so much scope for misinterpretation and needless angst so why put yourself through it?

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    It's good that you can see how this wouldn't be reassuring and obviously it wasn't as you are having more tests and seeking out your previous results to speculate and ruminate..

I'd give a lot of thought into what you actually get out of having access..Personally I think health records are best kept with the professionals when you have HA. There is so much scope for misinterpretation and needless angst so why put yourself through it?
    I completely agree with this. It’s guaranteed to do much more harm than good.

I don't think it's bad for people with HA to access their files... if anything, it might make them "waken up" and see how many times they were wrong. I can't talk here - my file wouldn't be much better.

Have you been given them in the Lloyd George folder - e.g. are you transferring practice?

Some doctors apparently use abbreviations about patients in their notes, which include the following (it's all a bit light hearted)

PRATTFO - Patient Reassured And Told To F**k Off
    CNS-QNS - Central Nervous System - Quantity Not Sufficient
    DIC - Death Is Coming
    GPO - Good for Parts Only
    PAFO - P*ssed And Felll Over
    UBI - Unexplained Beer Injury

There are many many more

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle

My surgery offer this and I’ve stayed away from it, it’s most definitely very dangerous in anyone with HA’s hands, I would go over and over every aspect and I expect I’d find some details of my operation I had as a child that would stress the hell out of me or stuff to do with my labor etc just a minefield of panic attacks waiting to happen! Bad enough having triggers at all ... don’t go looking for them xxx

Thanks Pulisa I totally agree but i can’t stop myself. It’s like picking at a scab...

lol ! We can now sign a form at our GPS surgery asking for access to medical records. A lot is written in code but all the blood tests are shown in detail

I know what you mean. I’ve been trawling through hundreds of entries and found one for an urgent referral due to suspicions of colorectal cancer...that would have sent me spiralling if I’d seen it at the time,

Quote Originally Posted by RadioGaGa View Post
    I don't think it's bad for people with HA to access their files... if anything, it might make them "waken up" and see how many times they were wrong. I can't talk here - my file wouldn't be much better.

Have you been given them in the Lloyd George folder - e.g. are you transferring practice?

Some doctors apparently use abbreviations about patients in their notes, which include the following (it's all a bit light hearted)

PRATTFO - Patient Reassured And Told To F**k Off
    CNS-QNS - Central Nervous System - Quantity Not Sufficient
    DIC - Death Is Coming
    GPO - Good for Parts Only
    PAFO - P*ssed And Felll Over
    UBI - Unexplained Beer Injury

There are many many more
    Imagine how worried some of them will be then as this catches up with how social media gets employees into trouble.

I'm certain PRATTFO will have appeared on my file many times. I wouldn't put it past my doctor

There was a lot of publicity around this I think I remember reading, because the infamous Harold Shipman had been talking in this 'medical slang' (as its called) to a hospital consultant. However from what I have heard and read, its certainly not just used by Shipman!

Quote Originally Posted by RadioGaGa View Post
    I'm certain PRATTFO will have appeared on my file many times. I wouldn't put it past my doctor

There was a lot of publicity around this I think I remember reading, because the infamous Harold Shipman had been talking in this 'medical slang' (as its called) to a hospital consultant. However from what I have heard and read, its certainly not just used by Shipman!
    I bet it's everywhere. It's what happens when people think patients/customers can't see what is written. A disciplinary offence anywhere I have worked as customer records were always available via a request under the DPA. But the offensive wording is a disciplinary matter regardless and usually covered under contract. So, I wonder when we will see patients accessing their records and raising complaints against medical staff for such things?

I used to work with an IT guy who used to go out to pharmacies doing work on their systems (you will understand this better than me) and he mentioned Shipman was using some of those. Must have made it easier for the cops once they cracked his slang then if it was along the lines of "murdered and grabbed their money (MGTM)!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information