Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Going back to therapy

Going back to therapy

Update my stag is now over I managed to forget the door handle issue for the night but sadly not the day I have unscrewed my old handle and I am ordering a new one and getting a joiner to fit it. My reason was my mum touched the wheelie bin and never washed her hands now when I stayed with her she unblocked toilets and dumped the toilet paper in a bag on top of of into the wheelie bin so I fear now if I touch my hands they are dirty and spreading germs. At work I worry I am making everything dirty. I worry my phone is dirty already after trying to touch the door without washing my hands. I bleached the door handle but this gave me no relief only replacing it does.

So anyway the update is I am seeking further CBT this Monday I managed to find funds to do it by making cut backs. I will see how I get on this time as this is my third time in therapy with this therapist.

Re: Going back to therapy

Phil, here's a suggestion - instead of coming on and giving a running commentary on your contamination issue of the day (we all know you have contamination OCD), tell us instead what your therapist has asked you to work on. Tell us what the plan is for the week and we can perhaps help with reinforcing the steps you need to take, and the things you are meant to be trying. How does that sound ?

Quote Originally Posted by Carys View Post
    Phil, here's a suggestion - instead of coming on and giving a running commentary on your contamination issue of the day (we all know you have contamination OCD), tell us instead what your therapist has asked you to work on. Tell us what the plan is for the week and we can perhaps help with reinforcing the steps you need to take, and the things you are meant to be trying. How does that sound ?
    Yes I can update on Monday what she says about these issues I said I need help cleaning because I need to replace as cleaning doesn’t work for me

Cool ! Look forward to hearing....

You could have used that money towards therapy - it didn't need replacing but never mind.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    so I fear now if I touch my hands they are dirty and spreading germs. At work I worry I am making everything dirty. I worry my phone is dirty already after trying to touch the door without washing my hands. I bleached the door handle but this gave me no relief only replacing it does.
    So you need to replace your hands now then?

Any therapy you have, you have to take it seriously.. you have to put 100% into it.... which I fear that you will not do.. please put in the effort to any therapy you have your OCD is not going to fix itself without a lot of effort from you.

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

To be fair, he is forking out of his own pocket again. He could put things off for ages due to money and some of that would be understandable anyway as bills need paying first.

Good luck. phil. Get some stuff written down for the therapist. Your issues resolve around a few themes so they shouldn't have trouble understanding it.

That’s great Phil. Ask her for coping strategies and write them down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you have faith in this therapist, Phil? Do you think she understands your difficulties? Are you prepared to be flexible and try to follow any techniques she may suggest even if you think they won't help/work/ "fix" your OCD?

This is my concern Pulisa; Phil has been here twice before with the same therapist. All of the above....

Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information