Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Going back to therapy

Re: Going back to therapy

I hope she won't be charging you double rates?

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    I hope she won't be charging you double rates?
    £40 pounds per session for this

Quote Originally Posted by venusbluejeans View Post
    I think you have been very lucky to find someone who takes clients on a bank holiday monday..... most wouldn't/don't
    Yes I never knew it was a bank holiday this week

Maybe she has forgotten too? Perhaps it would be better to check with her before going to the appointment?

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

Maybe she has forgotten too? Perhaps it would be better to check with her before going to the appointment?
    I agree. Unusual to see patients on a Bank Hol.

Never Surrender, Comrade

She offered me that date so should be fine. They probably work holidays as it’s not nhs based. I notice the building I go to other therapists hire the rooms out too

Compartmentalised OCD
    Yep. I remember my Symmetrical Thinking theme was like this. In my bedroom some items absolutely must be aligned "just right" yet in the corner was a pile of stuff I didn't care about.

One pain often lessens another and the mind can't focus on every fear all the time but it's strange how it can be so selective. I think this is where phil has to just learn to accept OCD can be weird and forget trying to understand exactly why so he can just get started on change. Sometimes it's like trying to work out which bean caused the fart.

Blocked toilet germs has troubled me for years but I’ve been thinking about that letter box again. When I stayed at my parents I flooded the bathroom with toilet water it’s since had two different Lino floors put down since I moved out but today I was like what if my shoes carry blocked toilet germs? That’s the problem I have been in her bathroom quite a few times but never worried about the floor. Again my therapist told me she knew someone who was in a house and the toilet flooded and they wanted to move but in the end cleaned up and stayed. So yes realistically the floor isn’t clean I mean perhaps in public toilets we stand on toilet water and don’t care? That makes me ask how clean the floor is? It could be full of toilet germs? My own floor I had a little water splash the floor one time to. But I feel it was worse as it was flooded and required a mop. I moved out almost 4 years ago why did it trouble me today? I believe it’s because I responded to the door handle because I worried about the wheelie bin.
    I blocked a toilet at my partners parents house almost a year ago maybe more since then I have never used there toilet in fear of blocked toilet germs. In hotels if I block the toilet and leave it I will never stay there again.
    So yes I start therapy again tomorrow how can she change my thinking on this?

You have to change your thinking. All the therapist can do is facilitate.

Yes that’s true but I am seeing more and more toilet germs my gran uses a commode so toilet germs after not washing hands could be on stuff I mean I get a wedding gift so the germs could be on that it’s never ending. Some how a therapist can change my view on this?

Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread Information