Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Going back to therapy

Re: Going back to therapy

Well, I gave my advice on the now closed thread which related to the new psychiatrist and getting a new assessement.

I thought carefully about your situation and your years of struggling,and the fact that you needed more specific guidance, and came up with a suggestion for something that could provide a way forward. Something that could help give the right support with your OCD and anxiety.

However - I had what I can only refer to as a cantankerous, puzzling (as certain things you had already agreed about!) and deeply insulting response. So, as stated there, I won't be bothering to try and help again Phil.
    Last edited by Carys; 13-11-19 at 08:14.

Quote Originally Posted by Carys View Post
    Well, I gave my advice on the now closed thread which related to the new psychiatrist and getting a new assessement.

I thought carefully about your situation and your years of struggling,and the fact that you needed more specific guidance, and came up with a suggestion for something that could provide a way forward. Something that could help give the right support with your OCD and anxiety.

However - I had what I can only refer to as a cantankerous, puzzling (as certain things you had already agreed about!) and deeply insulting response. So, as stated there, I won't be bothering to try and help again Phil.
    Yes I won’t be getting any assessments nor do I need more guidance. I had some Cbt but I can’t afford to have it forever so I have to maybe seek more at a later date.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    Birds do it, bees so it, even educated fleas do it...yes, they all poo on our tarmac.

So, why is a possible plunger issue a problem? Because you've made it one in your subconscious and until you work on these issues they will persist.
    Yes I have become anxious about birds pecking at my bins too. They could spread germs to the roof.

To be specific the issue with the plunger is I fear the toilet water. Sure if I go to the toilet some hits me I continue with my day. Most blockages have been with clean toilet paper and also there is never any stuck to it so basically I just fear the toilet water. In my old house I used an old cloth to clean the toilet and that also went down the pan and I put it on the bin but never once worried. The blockage issue goes back to when my mum use to use her hands and pull the toilet paper to the bucket. Like if I had to put my hand down a toilet I would be distraught..

I googled this

http://www.psychologytoday.com/gb/bl...r-health%3famp

I had a awful dream about illness today before I woke up is this a sign of being ill?

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    I googled this

http://www.psychologytoday.com/gb/bl...r-health%3famp

I had a awful dream about illness today before I woke up is this a sign of being ill?
    That looks like a rabbit hole made for a HAer to me. Dream about choking and you may be getting a cold? Ok, so how many people have they surveyed who have had the same dream who ended up with a sore foot from banging it on a chair...or nothing at all?

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    Yes I have become anxious about birds pecking at my bins too. They could spread germs to the roof.

To be specific the issue with the plunger is I fear the toilet water. Sure if I go to the toilet some hits me I continue with my day. Most blockages have been with clean toilet paper and also there is never any stuck to it so basically I just fear the toilet water. In my old house I used an old cloth to clean the toilet and that also went down the pan and I put it on the bin but never once worried. The blockage issue goes back to when my mum use to use her hands and pull the toilet paper to the bucket. Like if I had to put my hand down a toilet I would be distraught..
    But are you in the habit of licking your roof? Your house will be covered in all sorts of germs because it's outside. But germs don't sit there breeding for hundreds of years and mother nature has been successfully killing them off through the weather and lack of food since someone gave her a big bang

At some point you've been upset at the time someone, or you, was cleaning a toilet or had an mistake on/in/around one and you've built it up from there. No different from me having my first anxiety attack at my work desk and it building up into large open plan places. To conquer them you have to face them. You have to sit in those situations and learn that fear fades and keep doing it until you see change. You sit in that situation and observe what happens and learn to notice how you cope and use techniques to get through those earlier days or when you have blips with it. And now I have no issues in large open plan places -because I kept at it day after day and kept going in for weeks, months and years until it just didn't matter anymore.

In her years of practice, Lucy treats several neighbourhood children, a dog, and the occasional bird, but her most frequent patient is Charlie Brown. Charlie comes from a loving home, and is decent, considerate, and reflective: but his life is a mess. Despite obvious intelligence, he is a mediocre student. He invests much emotional energy in managing and playing for his baseball team, which habitually loses by ridiculous scores. He yearns for the Little Red-Haired Girl, but never has the courage to approach her; when her family moves away, he stands in the street, paralysed and silent, as his life collapses around him; days later, woken by a scream, his sister Sally muses, “Before she moved away, he never cried out during the night.” The neighbourhood girls casually despise him.

Asked, at around 7 years of age, how long “this period of depression has lasted”, Charlie Brown replies, “Six years!” One summer, he develops a psychosomatic rash and has to spend weeks with his head in a sack. Another time, haunted by the meaninglessness of his losses, he decides to spend the rest of his life lying in a dark room, only to emerge, stooped and shattered, when he realises he has to feed the dog.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    That looks like a rabbit hole made for a HAer to me. Dream about choking and you may be getting a cold? Ok, so how many people have they surveyed who have had the same dream who ended up with a sore foot from banging it on a chair...or nothing at all?
    I had a dream about winning Lotto last week

Hiya Phil,it’s your favourite mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Quinn1 View Post
    I had a dream about winning Lotto last week

Hiya Phil,it’s your favourite mate.
    Then you are in even more luck because I had a dream about winning the lottery...but it was you winning it not me! What are the odds of that? Must be a sign

Quote Originally Posted by AntsyVee View Post

In her years of practice, Lucy treats several neighbourhood children, a dog, and the occasional bird, but her most frequent patient is Charlie Brown. Charlie comes from a loving home, and is decent, considerate, and reflective: but his life is a mess. Despite obvious intelligence, he is a mediocre student. He invests much emotional energy in managing and playing for his baseball team, which habitually loses by ridiculous scores. He yearns for the Little Red-Haired Girl, but never has the courage to approach her; when her family moves away, he stands in the street, paralysed and silent, as his life collapses around him; days later, woken by a scream, his sister Sally muses, “Before she moved away, he never cried out during the night.” The neighbourhood girls casually despise him.

Asked, at around 7 years of age, how long “
    this
    period of depression has lasted”, Charlie Brown replies, “Six years!” One summer, he develops a psychosomatic rash and has to spend weeks with his head in a sack. Another time, haunted by the meaninglessness of his losses, he decides to spend the rest of his life lying in a dark room, only to emerge, stooped and shattered, when he realises he has to feed the dog.
    BIB - we had a case like that over here where an awkward guy did this and also went to touch her. Result? Sex offenders register.

Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread Information