Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Going back to therapy

Re: Going back to therapy

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    Outside of traveling which has caused you anxiety issues, what things do you enjoy? Writing? The outdoors? Woodworking? etc? What did you enjoy before your illness took it away? Please be specific and to the point and not list things you've been ruminating over for the last few years. This is not about "goals", its about things that would interest you and bring you joy.

Positive thoughts
    I enjoy travelling sometimes

I dont read or anything like that. I don’t enjoy cinema much. Anything else costs money which is tight

How about some travel writing? Or blogging? Even if it's just for you? Would that interest you? Maybe a bit of researching travel and writing about the history & culture of the places you've been to or why you want to visit them?

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    How about some travel writing? Or blogging? Even if it's just for you? Would that interest you? Maybe a bit of researching travel and writing about the history & culture of the places you've been to or why you want to visit them?
    Years ago I ran forums and a website was quite interesting then it required too much moderation so got bored. I get what you mean about travel blogging that’s much simpler and yes I have considered it. Even a trip advisor review can take up
    time. I do social media much of my holidays but that only takes 5 mins so it’s not quite a blog.

I am planning another visit to France and Germany after my wedding so this may take up time planning

We know about your OCD. We asked about what things you enjoy and what interests you have other than things you feel compelled to do which are on your "to do" list.

I've lost touch with the whole concept of enjoyment and I suspect that you have too and that your world is based around your OCD despite the fact that you are getting married very shortly and this should be a very happy time for you with plenty to look forward to which you can share with your life partner. Please tell me I've got it wrong in thinking this way?

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    I am planning another visit to France and Germany after my wedding so this may take up time planning
    Do you feel less anxious once you have reached your destination and have finished all the travelling? Do you enjoy taking photos? Not just to put on Facebook but for your own enjoyment?

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    I enjoy travelling sometimes

I dont read or anything like that. I don’t enjoy cinema much. Anything else costs money which is tight
    We know you don't read based on the lack of replies and any meaningful engagement other than with your OCD. Its apparent you like to travel but again, I asked "outside of traveling". Besides, it causes you stress and nothing else at all interests you outside of your OCD so Its sad you can't even engage in any conversation outside of your little OCD bubble. It's funny, I 100% nailed how you would end up responding but wanted to give you the benefit of the doubt.

When is the next therapy appointment?

Positive thoughts
    Last edited by Fishmanpa; 28-05-19 at 14:13.
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Do you feel less anxious once you have reached your destination and have finished all the travelling? Do you enjoy taking photos? Not just to put on Facebook but for your own enjoyment?
    I am not anxious when at my destination. I enjoy taking photos but I enjoy it for Facebook and personal use

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    We know you don't read based on the lack of replies and any meaningful engagement other than with your OCD. Its apparent you like to travel but again, I asked "outside of traveling". Besides, it causes you stress and nothing else at all interests you outside of your OCD so Its sad you can't even engage in any conversation outside of your little OCD bubble. It's funny, I 100% nailed how you would end up responding but wanted to give you the benefit of the doubt.

When is the next therapy appointment?

Positive thoughts
    Middle of June for the next one.

I do like travelling but I suffer a travel anxiety. I have a fear of single leg long journeys.

But over all I Duno what I got out of therapry I now own 6 pairs of wedding trousers and I had 3 pairs of shoes for the stag. I am excessively buying I won’t explain in detail why I do that plenty and can’t be bothered tonight but I worry something is dirty and rebuy and I rebuy. Must be the buzz of buying new.

Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread Information