Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Going back to therapy

Re: Going back to therapy

So I took the job transfer as said a week or two ago closer to home so seems good move but I’m having doubts and regrets already as I have to work later and also my days off are no longer set days or days together. I’m finding it hard to adjust to the new surroundings I mean the goal was to beat the anxiety but have I made a mistake? Should I have stayed in my comfort zone? Sure there is some positives of the job like less till work but I am feeling down and anxious about the change. Every time I move I feel this way but I worry I should have stayed put? Perhaps this inner desire to push for goals and want more and more isn’t the best thing as I find being content a difficult skill?

The issue was I had a few bad managers in my old job almost driving me out picking on me I loved my shifts but I felt driven out?

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    So I took the job transfer as said a week or two ago closer to home so seems good move but I’m having doubts and regrets already as I have to work later and also my days off are no longer set days or days together.
    Welcome to my world. After fourteen years of predictable shift working I, along with my colleagues, were placed on a pattern of irregular hour working where the days and the times followed no predictable pattern, a 'weekend' needn't appear at a weekend and often was divided, frequently you could be asked to work say, 09:30 - 19:30 one day, have a 'day' off and then be brought in at midnight for ten hours, then back in at 09:30 the following day.

The day I got made redundant was the best day of my life.

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    Welcome to my world. After fourteen years of predictable shift working I, along with my colleagues, were placed on a pattern of irregular hour working where the days and the times followed no predictable pattern, a 'weekend' needn't appear at a weekend and often was divided, frequently you could be asked to work say, 09:30 - 19:30 one day, have a 'day' off and then be brought in at midnight for ten hours, then back in at 09:30 the following day.

The day I got made redundant was the best day of my life.
    Yes it sucks I have a mortgage to pay so have to do something I wish I never had to work atall but sadly the bills won’t pay themselves. It’s a hard one as I liked my shifts but the people in that job were the issue..

I have been feeling anxious about the job change even though I have started I feel I want to stay indoors anybody got any tips? I find it hard to take my mind off it

Phil is like my British Charlie Brown

Thread now open again, thank you for the cooperation Phil, I hope you had a productive break

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

As far as I know, Phil has joined another Forum for support, although he does use the chat and that's obviously how I know.

So there was no break, different Site, different people.

No surprise there. Phil has an addiction to posting and he moves forums and uses many. I don't think anything will make any difference here, and thats the only time I've said this about anyone on this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by venusbluejeans View Post
    Thread now open again, thank you for the cooperation Phil, I hope you had a productive break
    Thanks ocd has not been too bad of late a few issues but not many it’s mostly a generalised anxiety I feel and has been for about a month now due to the job change. I’m awaiting my appointment from the psychiatrist to see if they will offer any free CBT to save me paying. Worst case I can always pay for some more would have to decide if I see the same person or someone new. I feel I could be doing with more help for the anxiety despite suffering it years I always go through phases of anxiety especially with big events like moving home or a job move. I do have ambitions of tackling more of my worries with travelling however I don’t want to push myself too much after the job move.

Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread Information