Page 16 of 25 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Going back to therapy

Re: Going back to therapy

Can anybody offer me advice on my job? I wasn’t happy where I was but I am two weeks into the job transfer and there is many positives but there’s much I dislike about it and want to go back. Should I give it more time or should I ask to go
    back? They are interviewing at the moment for my old job so what do I do?

Ive had terrible anxiety lately feeling out of body or out of mind like I’m detached and worry it’s impossible to be in my own head anybody else had this?
    Last edited by phil06; 24-11-19 at 21:50.

And right back at it!

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

It’s quite hard to settle into any new job, everything and everyone is different and it’s not nice being the new person. 2 weeks isn’t a lot of time, but it’s up to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Scass View Post
    It’s quite hard to settle into any new job, everything and everyone is different and it’s not nice being the new person. 2 weeks isn’t a lot of time, but it’s up to you.
    Very true I find change very hard. Even my old job we got about 5/6 new staff and working a shift was different and many of those staff never spoke so I found it hard. I thought that if I can handle that change I can do this. I also worry i did it as an exposure therapy for my fear. Each time I moved stores it took me along time to settle I mean one time it took new staff starting who I made friends with to make the job more bearable. At one point my old job was good I enjoyed what I done but I hate how stuff changes.

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post

Ive had terrible anxiety lately feeling out of body or out of mind like I’m detached and worry it’s impossible to be in my own head anybody else had this?
    Have a look in the depersonalisation/derealisation section of the forum to answer your question

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

I agree with Scass. Aside from this I think you also need to consider outside of yourself again. How is your employer going to feel about someone who pushes for a transfer and weeks later wants to make their lives harder again to come back?

Much of work isn't about the fantasy we see peddled on TV ads about perfect jobs - it's about understanding the job was there before you and will be long after. Therefore you make allowances for not every day being fulfilling.

Or as any older generation would tell - welcome to life!

Do you all have the phrase “paying your dues” over there? Every time you start a new position you are the low man on the totem pole and you must juggle for hierarchy and take your lumps as the new guy.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    I agree with Scass. Aside from this I think you also need to consider outside of yourself again. How is your employer going to feel about someone who pushes for a transfer and weeks later wants to make their lives harder again to come back?

Much of work isn't about the fantasy we see peddled on TV ads about perfect jobs - it's about understanding the job was there before you and will be long after. Therefore you make allowances for not every day being fulfilling.

Or as any older generation would tell - welcome to life!
    It took me a long time to get my way in my old job for example I was able to check my phone at work ect as they were quite laid back but the new place is more strict. I am use to things going my way if they don’t I’m not very happy I’m not old skool the older generation always throw that’s life tag at me. Many people have miserable lives that don’t four fill again I believe it has to work for me. It may seem selfish but it’s what I believe in I believe I do what I want and try and not live behind barriers.

That said my concern is how the anxiety stops me flying I have a goal fo
    reach New York maybe even China but I can’t do short haul. The subway and job change seemed very “forced” much more than any usual change in the past why is this? I did the task beat the anxiety but problem is felt I pushed myself too far I hated the subway. Right now for me to tackle my fears I will feel awful it never use to feel this bad? This is why I have put a halt on tackling any future fears as yes I did feel an achievement at first but I am actually feeling regret weeks after surely that’s not right? Why am I challenging fears to feel regret?

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    I am use to things going my way if they don’t I’m not very happy I’m not old skool the older generation always throw that’s life tag at me. Many people have miserable lives that don’t four fill again I believe it has to work for me. It may seem selfish but it’s what I believe in I believe I do what I want and try and not live behind barriers.
    And herein lies the base of all your problems.

Would your old work want you back as you said that the managers were getting annoyed with you?

There is a world outside of Phil's bubble and realising that would be a great place to start.

Quote Originally Posted by Elen View Post
    And herein lies the base of all your problems.

Would your old work want you back as you said that the managers were getting annoyed with you?

There is a world outside of Phil's bubble and realising that would be a great place to start.

Page 16 of 25 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread Information