Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 LastLast

Thread: Going back to therapy

Re: Going back to therapy

Bluueeee, that spoiled nothing, that was an awesome post that says it all how it needs to be said.

Let's just hope that Phil reads what everyone has said, and does the intelligent and right thing.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    Some beautiful posts here by Terry, Carys and others, so now I'm going to spoil it all by summarising.

- You show zero concern for the wishes of anybody on the forum, and from your comments here it's safe to extrapolate that this extends to your working life (also possibly your marriage?)

- On the forum, this has zero consequence other than a bit of snark.

- In the world of work, however, your employer holds all the cards. YOU CANNOT AFFORD TO BE OBNOXIOUS IN THIS SITUATION.

- If you don't learn to present a much more personable version of yourself at work you're going to land up having to deal with the DWP, and I promise, they're so much worse than any employer could ever be. Apple products, trips abroad and paying footballers to be your friend will seem like distant dream when you're filling out 80-page forms and struggling to pay basic household bills.

Do the smart thing for once? There's a very, very small handful of people who are valuable enough to their employers that they can get away with behaving however they like. I guarantee, you aren't one of them.
    Good post BI

Agreed, good post by Blue. It's simply showing reality. Phil has done something wrong, then reacted badly and now he needs to get his manager back on side. There is no reason he can't even being new to them if he shows them something positive. If he goes in challenging it and complaining about how it was ok at the last site then his manager isn't going to be feeling too charitable.

And the same with what Quinn said. This one is about a dose of reality. His manager will be delivering that.

Managers will work with you if you work with them. It's important in management to have your staff onside. They do extra bits for you when you need them and you do the same for them. If you all hate each other and work to rule plenty doesn't happen in a business.

As Carys said earlier, if phil comes out of there and immediately purchases some device to do exactly the same claiming "it's not a phone" the dose of reality being delivered will be that it's not about a phone, or even social media, it's about getting on with your work. It could be 1970's phil reading a line from a newspaper and the result would be the same. Additionally in customer facing roles customers don't like seeing staff messing about and that impacts on the brand/business.

We used to have staff who burst all targets and then did things like excessive email. They got warned once and then next time, dependant on the scale of the misuse of company systems, they got the big boot out of the door for gross misconduct I had a guy once who was the fastest worker on one of my teams but insisted on talking all the time thus distracting the whole team. He was warned more than once and in the end thought he was untouchable...which resulted in him getting the big boot courtesy of security. :knicked:

I won’t be replying to any of this. Compete over reaction about a mobile phone I have worked in many places in my old job many people used there phone when they shouldn’t. If people want to write long pages on lecturing fair enough but I won’t be replying I’m afraid. The only dragon being fed is the ones on here who dislike me. Hopefully once I submit this reply there’s not another 10 pages of he doesn’t listen non sense. I’ve said these personal attacks don’t help so that’s all I shall say. I won’t be commenting any further on my job. I hope people understand my reasons.

Burnt your bridges here entirely in my eyes Phil, its complete arrogance to respond like this after many people have written suggestions for you (which I don't believe you have actually read in full anyway) AND you have asked for their input and advice.

You don't want advice, you only want agreement and nothing that challenges your behaviour. What a waste of time.

Hopefully once I submit this reply there’s not another 10 pages of he doesn’t listen non sense.
    You never listen. You never will. Nothing ever gets through to you.
    Last edited by Carys; 26-11-19 at 14:31.

So, you're going to be ignoring feedback from now on?

I eagerly await this exciting new phase of your forum life.

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    Compete over reaction about a mobile phone
    That is your perception. We however are all in agreement and agree with your manager, you are under reacting to the significance of what you did yesterday and how you reacted to your manager.

Now you are going off in the huff because you do not like what has been said to you here.

I won’t be commenting any further on my job.
    Excellent ! Is that a promise ? (yet again, who is the loser from your toddler style tantrum us - or - YOU ? Let me answer that for you Phil - you lose out, we are saved a lot of effort in making thoughtful replies to an ungrateful recipient)
    Last edited by Carys; 26-11-19 at 13:37.

Never take your job for granted. You are very lucky to have one and to be tolerated.

Phil - you are heading back the same way with us closing posts again but this time for much much longer so please think about that.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 LastLast

Thread Information