Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Going back to therapy

Re: Going back to therapy

Some how a therapist can change my view on this?
    I don't know what methods she plans to use, but I know that she can't CHANGE it without you following her suggestions, advice and really listening and acting yourself. Therapy is a partnership, both people have to work at dealing with the unwanted behaviour and thoughts.

Interesting how statements are turned into reassurance seeking questions isn't it?

"So yes realistically the floor isn’t clean I mean perhaps in public toilets we stand on toilet water and don’t care? That makes me ask how clean the floor is? It could be full of toilet germs?"

Its a very consistent pattern in the posts. One punctuation mark could make a difference IMO. Get rid of the question mark and it makes it an actual statement. isn't that a more definitive way of looking at it?

Positive thoughts

"Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    Yes that’s true but I am seeing more and more toilet germs my gran uses a commode so toilet germs after not washing hands could be on stuff I mean I get a wedding gift so the germs could be on that it’s never ending. Some how a therapist can change my view on this?
    This is where you seem inconsistent in how your anxiety works and it's happened a few times. I think you need to document things so you can see it. By your own logic this wouldn't bother you unless you see her the commode, not clean herself and then handle your present. But now you are telling us the mere thought of it bothers you which makes your issues more widespread than you indicated. The issues remain the same though and to be honest it's easier to understand the less selective things are sometimes but I hope your therapist has picked up on this so they work at things the right way.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    This is where you seem inconsistent in how your anxiety works and it's happened a few times. I think you need to document things so you can see it. By your own logic this wouldn't bother you unless you see her the commode, not clean herself and then handle your present. But now you are telling us the mere thought of it bothers you which makes your issues more widespread than you indicated. The issues remain the same though and to be honest it's easier to understand the less selective things are sometimes but I hope your therapist has picked up on this so they work at things the right way.
    So what could be causing the inconsistency? I hope the therapist can root this out and also my belief something is forever contaminated that’s where I need help.

So what could be causing the inconsistency? I hope the therapist can root this out and also my belief something is forever contaminated that’s where I need help.
    I meant inconsistencies in what you describe as triggering. You've told us a few times you are only bothered by contamination you witness yet I've seen several posts where you've worried about possibilities on the basis you wouldn't see them. If you reread your last few pages you will see it.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    I meant inconsistencies in what you describe as triggering. You've told us a few times you are only bothered by contamination you witness yet I've seen several posts where you've worried about possibilities on the basis you wouldn't see them. If you reread your last few pages you will see it.
    Course but I would say it’s more so when I see something happen there is examples like the letter box they come under my false worry one as I get alot of false thoughts. But I don’t worry what people touch only when I see it happen.

Quote Originally Posted by venusbluejeans View Post
    I think you have been very lucky to find someone who takes clients on a bank holiday monday..... most wouldn't/don't
    It is not a bank holiday for a lot of Scottish people.

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

Course but I would say it’s more so when I see something happen there is examples like the letter box they come under my false worry one as I get alot of false thoughts. But I don’t worry what people touch only when I see it happen.
    You're worrying about things you cannot see (ie "germs"), therefore it's all speculation and "false thoughts" anyway. But you refuse to see this. You never seem to challenge these "false thoughts".

Never Surrender, Comrade

Quote Originally Posted by Elen View Post
    It is not a bank holiday for a lot of Scottish people.
    Thanks for that Elen, I wasn't sure if it was the same all over the UK or not

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

According to the official Scottish Gov website it is "Spring Bank Holiday" tomorrow but obviously not for everybody.

Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread Information