Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IBS or worse?

IBS or worse?

Sorry if this post is TMI but I was doing so well with my anxiety...until yesterday.
    The last couple of weeks, my bowel movements have been a bit up and down. Sometimes normal, sometimes I've had a bit of a belly ache with diarrhea. I've put this down to a LOT of recent stress and bad eating habits.
    However, 2 days I noticed I needed to go a lot more than usual & do get pains in my stomach (all over in various places) and that night, after dinner it was very soft and I saw what looked like a bloody mucusy streak mixed in.
    I also get black flecks/flakes but I think I have always had these as long as I can remember.

Yesterday I didnt "go" at all but again this morning, soft stools with the blacky bits.

Is this just a bad ibs flare up? Or should I be speaking to the Dr about cancer?
    I'm only 32.
    I will be giving it a few more days to see how I am but needed to vent/see if others have had the same.

Re: IBS or worse?

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

After only a few days I certainly wouldn’t be going to the doctors just yet, it just sounds like things are a little unhappy. Have you got anything particularly stressful coming up? What have you been eating?

Positive vibes,

Mouse

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But I have promises to keep,

And miles to go before I sleep. - Robert Frost

Hi Mouse,

No I didn't want to rush straight to the Drs, especially to talk about my poo 😂

Nothing stressful coming up but the whole of this year has been pretty horrendous. Just been one thing after another. And not little things either..all pretty life changing.

As a consequence my diet has been awful! Which I know isn't helping. I think if it was just a bit of bad belly I'd brush it off but because I think I saw blood and my BMs are more frequent, along with the niggly pains all over my abdomen, it's making me a bit anxious!

The black specks have subsided, starting to think these may have been bits of herbs/spices.

I'm just such a worrier and the C word is the last thing I can deal with at the minute!

Quote Originally Posted by WorryWendy View Post
    Hi Mouse,

No I didn't want to rush straight to the Drs, especially to talk about my poo

Nothing stressful coming up but the whole of this year has been pretty horrendous. Just been one thing after another. And not little things either..all pretty life changing.

As a consequence my diet has been awful! Which I know isn't helping. I think if it was just a bit of bad belly I'd brush it off but because I think I saw blood and my BMs are more frequent, along with the niggly pains all over my abdomen, it's making me a bit anxious!

The black specks have subsided, starting to think these may have been bits of herbs/spices.

I'm just such a worrier and the C word is the last thing I can deal with at the minute!
    With a bad diet (totally not judging mine is appalling at times!) and all the event you’ve had this year it’s really not surprising. Red blood is almost always a hemmie or a fissure, if you’ve been going more frequently it could easily be either, don’t bee fooled by the thoughts that you need to be constipated or passing hard stools for either to happen I’ve had both and I’m rarely constipated. It’s even less concerning as it’s not happening all the time.

Let yourself relax as much as life allows and try to get some fibre in your diet when you can, all in all it doesn’t sound anything like that dreaded ‘c word’ I’ve seen someone go through bowel cancer and it definitely wasn’t subtle (he’s also more than 5 years clear so considered cured)

I have also noticed my stomach is making a lot of gurgling/grumbly noises. I also have burning/sharp pain in my upper left abdomen where my stomach is and back pain the same side.

I've never had this with IBS before and don't remember a flare up ever lasting this long. 😭

I have also noticed my stomach is making a lot of gurgling/grumbly noises. I also have burning/sharp pain in my upper left abdomen where my stomach is and back pain the same side.

I've never had this with IBS before and don't remember a flare up ever lasting this long.
    Noises are harmless, if you’re listening to any digestive system you’re going to notice plenty of strange sounds, it just means it’s working.

The pain could be indigestion or gas really? I’ve been in a ‘flare’ for at least two months and only just had a ‘normal’ day yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight-mouse View Post
    Noises are harmless, if you’re listening to any digestive system you’re going to notice plenty of strange sounds, it just means it’s working.

The pain could be indigestion or gas really? I’ve been in a ‘flare’ for at least two months and only just had a ‘normal’ day yesterday.

Do you ever get abdominal tenderness with yours? I've noticed my upper/mid right theres a tender area. I had a really bad belly in the night. I'm freaking out thinking this could be cancer!

I have done days where my entire abdominal area feels strained, achy and painful. So I guess I'm in a similar situation to you. I guess it's just part of IBS.

Do you ever get abdominal tenderness with yours? I've noticed my upper/mid right theres a tender area. I had a really bad belly in the night. I'm freaking out thinking this could be cancer!
    Oh yeah, In fact I’m feeling very ‘fragile’ today myself.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information