Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Next stage of my life after marriage

Re: Next stage of my life after marriage

Quote Originally Posted by Scass View Post
    Why don’t you make a 5 year plan? But include your health on the list too maybe?
    My mum always wanted to have another house or go to Rome and NYC and never did. So how realistic are goals?

I mean some people don’t get everting they want do they?

No, but you could make realistic goals and plans to achieve them.

I've just read through this thread and I thing that jumps out at me is Phil's fear of death and dying has a lot to do with the way he sees things, hence the checklist. Or for a better word, a 'bucket list', sorry, two words.
    Phil, I'm not meaning to sound as if I am talking about you,
    But this would make sense in what looks like strange behaviour to others.

Quote Originally Posted by Carnation View Post
    I've just read through this thread and I thing that jumps out at me is Phil's fear of death and dying has a lot to do with the way he sees things, hence the checklist. Or for a better word, a 'bucket list', sorry, two words.
    Well I do feel I have been around forever once I hit about 28 I decided that was too old and I had to do things at a quicker pace especially when you read the news

Although I don't agree with checklists or bucket lists, I think everyone has a compendium of places to see and things to experience. Personally I think it's the way you come across saying things that rub other members up the wrong way.
    If you had saud, "I've done it, I've got married" with a big smiley face, it would have been received as a congratulations. Instead, members are assuming you are par say with everything you do.

Quote Originally Posted by Carnation View Post
    That's very possible, Carnation.

I've always viewed it as a clinical way of looking at life, a rigidity not helped by status anxiety. Life is less about just enjoying it and more fulfilling expectations even though the person isn't interested in them.

I just feel frustrated I thought when the wedding was over I wouldn’t suddenly set and achieve new goals? I thought I would go back and learn to drive, maybe change my mind and want a family, fly somewhere, eventually NYC.

Whats actually happened well I am going to more gigs again, I booked two new holidays all be it by train. I am keen to save money so I spent less on holidays.

Should I be positive that I have lots to look forward to? Should I accept as I said before these other goals might not happen as I just don’t feel like it? I mean I talk to many older people who say life hasn’t gone as planned but I am unsure what path to take. People often tell me if I can’t make a choice don’t go or do whatever the thing is and perhaps my goals above as good and as socially acceptable it is to have a family or fly somewhere perhaps I am just not able to right now?

I mean having a family or driving again require more of a big chat than say marriage?

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    I mean I talk to many older people who say life hasn’t gone as planned
    But I bet most of them are happy that life didn't go with the plan they had.

Learning to drive requires more of a big chat that marriage?!?!? just wow...... you really think that learning to drive is a more important decision than getting married??

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

Quote Originally Posted by venusbluejeans View Post
    But I bet most of them are happy that life didn't go with the plan they had.

Learning to drive requires more of a big chat that marriage?!?!? just wow...... you really think that learning to drive is a more important decision than getting married??
    Is it more important than marriage? Course not but in my case yes because after my 4th test I almost had a breakdown as it got too much so would require a big chat about doing it again.

Why would they be happy they never lived there dreams?

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread Information