Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Next stage of my life after marriage

Re: Next stage of my life after marriage

I think it's great to enjoy a "different" life and not be a "sheep" by conforming with what is supposedly socially acceptable.

Thanks it’s interesting to hear different views. I spoke to my partner about it tonight she said it was her dream to have a family but often speaks about how she has a niece so it’s fine. She says prob not right time to have a family I think as we are enjoying things as they are?

I just expected a switch in the brain once I was married I would want to fly, drive and have a family? Sadly it’s not been like that. I mean I can still get to Paris by train so it’s not all about flying just I have dreams of NYC.

So essentially SSDD/Y

Positive thoughts
    Last edited by Fishmanpa; 20-07-19 at 22:28.
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    So essentially SSDD/Y

Positive thoughts
    What does that mean?

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    I spoke to my partner about it tonight she said it was her dream to have a family but often speaks about how she has a niece so it’s fine.
    So you think it is ok for your wife to give up on her dreams...... but you are insistant that you have to pursue yours?? what is the difference?

I am curious as to why you never refer to you wife as your wife and always your partner.... to me a partner is when you aren't married and then it turns to wife/husband/spouse etc...

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

Quote Originally Posted by venusbluejeans View Post
    So you think it is ok for your wife to give up on her dreams...... but you are insistant that you have to pursue yours?? what is the difference?

I am curious as to why you never refer to you wife as your wife and always your partner.... to me a partner is when you aren't married and then it turns to wife/husband/spouse etc...
    Well I told told her I was open to having a family if need be. But as I say I am not sure how much she really wants one.

And im not sure I have only been married a few weeks.

What does that mean?
    SSDD/Y

Same Shit Different Day/Year. You've been posting here going on 14 years. 14 YEARS! Nothing has changed. Frankly, I truly believe I'll be buried and forgotten and you'll still be posting the same nonsense.

Positive thoughts
    Last edited by Fishmanpa; 21-07-19 at 00:55.
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

SSDD/Y

Same shit Different Day/Year. You've been posting here going on 14 years. 14 YEARS! Nothing has changed. Frankly, I truly believe I'll be buried and forgotten and you'll still be posting the same nonsense.

Positive thoughts
    Well it’s not nonsense in 14 years I’ve gone from changing jobs 4/5 times a year living with parents two failed relationships to 9 years in on job, buying a house and marriage so I would say I have done ok.

in 14 years I’ve gone from changing jobs 4/5 times a year living with parents two failed relationships to 9 years in on job, buying a house and marriage so I would say I have done ok.
    Whatever helps you rationalize Phil... This fits the pattern I posted about in another thread. When you feel challenged, you post a conciliatory reply to keep the reassurance coming. If you're truly are doing "Ok", why are you posting the same things on several forums?

Positive thoughts
    Last edited by Fishmanpa; 20-07-19 at 23:57.

Whatever helps you rationalize Phil... This fits the pattern I posted about in another thread. When you feel challenged, you post a conciliatory reply to keep the reassurance coming. If you're truly are doing "Ok", why are you posting the same things on several forums?

Positive thoughts
    You can be rich and doing great like many celebs but suffer ocd or anxiety so it depends what you mean doing well. Mental health is kind of separate from day to day life.

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread Information