Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Next stage of my life after marriage

Re: London

Quote Originally Posted by Dying_Swan View Post
    There is a lot in the media at the moment about crime in London, which I'm sure scares people, but I think a lot of it is gang-related. I feel as safe there as I do anywhere. Things do happen but they happen everywhere. Remember that quite literally millions of people live, work and visit London on a daily basis.
    Yes I mean there is a small town near me which has a lot of crime too I stayed there for a bit but that also makes me anxious. I use to travel freely about London with no care but now I feel limited.

Re: Next stage of my life after marriage

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

Emmz

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

Crime in London is worse in...wait for it...shitty areas of London. The media love it as it sells yet they won't tell you about all the stabbings elsewhere across the UK.

There is a lot in the media at the moment about crime in London, which I'm sure scares people, but I think a lot of it is gang-related.
    Oddly I said exactly this to a person I visited yesterday, practically my exact words - she was bemoaning 'all the danger and stabbings' on every street corner.

We've had multiple stabbings on my road this year (not in London!), with at least one being fatal. I can confirm that the vast, vast majority of this sort of thing is gang related. My heart goes out to the poor kids involved, but beyond normal safety considerations I'm never that worried about living where I do.

I think you should plan a train trip to London. Just 4 hours from Edinburgh and cheap if you get Advance train tickets. As for crime, it can happen anywhere and London has a prominent police presence. Nothing has changed since you last visited and if you enjoyed it before you will enjoy it now.
    Eurostar trains are all up the creak at the moment with the hot weather and then there will be all the Brexit nonsense come Oct 31st..London is a different country without the need for a passport!

I just need to add that you don’t have to go on holiday with your partner if you don’t want to. I don’t always go with mine, I often go with my sister. I don’t really see a problem.

With regards to London, it depends where you’re going to stay? The touristy places are fine really, much like the rest of the world. Tourism is big business. It’s the areas that aren’t rich with money and tourists that are the problem areas.

Quote Originally Posted by Scass View Post
    I just need to add that you don’t have to go on holiday with your partner if you don’t want to. I don’t always go with mine, I often go with my sister. I don’t really see a problem.

With regards to London, it depends where you’re going to stay? The touristy places are fine really, much like the rest of the world. Tourism is big business. It’s the areas that aren’t rich with money and tourists that are the problem areas.
    True but I always use stay on the outskirts like Ealing, barking and Wembley these areas probably ain’t as good. It’s more expensive to stay central

Phil, the thing is about London is its built up with many shady areas and covered areas if it gets hot. Now the heatwave has passed, it won't be so suppressive anyway.
    I know Ealing and Wembley very well and have a little knowledge of Barking as my Gran lived there.
    I wouldn't opt for Wembley myself.
    Out of the three, Ealing is the better choice but can be a bit full on and busy with traffic.
    Some other places you could investigate would be Chiswick and Uxbridge,which are both known as better areas. Uxbridge would probably be my recommendation. The shopping town is blocked off from the main traffic, lots of cafes and nice people there.
    I come from London and have always felt safe. I actually feel less safe in the wilds. There's always someone around and always something open.
    If you venture in to central London for the day, Covent Garden is always a good choice or if you want something a less hectic, maybe Richmond or Kew where you have the park to relax and keep cool.

What sort of things do you enjoy doing in London, Phil?

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread Information