Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Next stage of my life after marriage

Re: Next stage of my life after marriage

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    You can be rich and doing great like many celebs but suffer ocd or anxiety so it depends what you mean doing well. Mental health is kind of separate from day to day life.
    When it affects your day to day life to the point you post on several social media anxiety/mental health platforms about it, it's not separate.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Carys View Post
    So true! They draw on walls, break things, spread 'germs' far and wide, touch everything they aren't meant to, wee and poo in odd places sometimes....or was that just mine? or am I thinking of the dogs ?
    Sounds like a few places I've worked...and yes, the women said the women were even worse (it does make you think twice about copping off at the office party )

Well it’s not nonsense in 14 years I’ve gone from changing jobs 4/5 times a year living with parents two failed relationships to 9 years in on job, buying a house and marriage so I would say I have done ok.
    All things people with anxiety can find very hard so we should be saying this is good. Many put it all off because of anxiety.

You have lots to sort out with your mental health but we should be positive about the achievements...or else it's just encouraging a negative mindset.

You can be rich and doing great like many celebs but suffer ocd or anxiety so it depends what you mean doing well. Mental health is kind of separate from day to day life.
    That's makes you lucky in anxiety then phil. Mental health has been my everyday since it happened. It attached itself to everything whether work, play, relationships, sex, going out, logging into a forum like this or switching a phone on, eating or sleeping, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    That's makes you lucky in anxiety then phil. Mental health has been my everyday since it happened. It attached itself to everything whether work, play, relationships, sex, going out, logging into a forum like this or switching a phone on, eating or sleeping, etc.
    Same here, Terry, my anxiety and depression stick their nasty little fingers into every single aspect of my life.

Well I told told her I was open to having a family if need be. But as I say I am not sure how much she really wants one.

And im not sure I have only been married a few weeks.
    Having children is a huge decision and commitment to make though. It's not just a question of having a family "if need be" like an accessory to acquire to keep up with everyone else.

Sounds like a few places I've worked...and yes, the women said the women were even worse (it does make you think twice about copping off at the office party )
    Ey what ? I'm talking about toddlers that decide to wee or poo in odd places, have people at your work done that ?????

Quote Originally Posted by Carys View Post
    Ey what ? I'm talking about toddlers that decide to wee or poo in odd places, have people at your work done that ?????
    Yes, we used to feel very sorry for the cleaners. One woman once told me she slipped on one in the middle of the floor outside the cubicles

My goal with therapy is offcourse to improve the ocd but I also want to see if I can reach my goals like flying or learning to drive. She spoke a lot about comfort zones.
    She said there is times my ocd is dormant that’s perhaps the best I can hope for? I find it hard to believe I can ever fully recover. I have been battling this for months and years now and just feel I am always going to be battling? I worry I need to stay in my comfort zone to avoid the ocd becoming any greater.

So so will I ever reach my goals? Do I even want these goals? Do I even have free will or is life all a dream mapped out? With so much going on how can I be sure what I really want?

My therapist thinks it’s realistic to have goals go to America and learn to drive but is it realistic? Should I stay in my comfort zone?

I have achieved lots how realistic is it to keep achieving? Is exploring Europe enough when there is lots to see in America?

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread Information