Thread: Anxiety is back with a vengeance :(

Anxiety is back with a vengeance :(

Well, here I am after months of being fine. I’ve been going through a fairly stressful time the last few months and I am pretty sure that’s what’s caused this lapse. I’m hoping if I verbalise my thoughts it might help me gain some perspective...

so, in the last 7 days I have been: convinced I have cervical or ovarian cancer or a blockage because first I didn’t get my period, then I did and it was very heavy; have been convinced I have diabetes because i’ve been exhausted and had a few headaches this week; was sure I had melanoma on my back because I was itchy where a freckle was; worried i’m headed for a stroke and/or a heart attack because i’ve Been feeling a bit short of breath and haven’t been taking my blood pressure tablets regularly..
    And that I have a large adrenal tumour because I had one removed years ago and they found a very tiny something on my other adrenal gland they’ll need to check at some point to make sure it’s not getting bigger (I feel short of breath just typing that sentence) and because every now and then I have a sensation somewhere on the left side of my torso (could be high or low).

Am I misreading the symptoms and do you think there really is something badly wrong with me? Or us this just anxiety overload? I guess just reading it over it couldn’t possibly be all that. Or could it be that I have an adrenal tumour that is causing all these random symptoms? I don’t have the same pain or symptoms as last time.

Re: Anxiety is back with a vengeance :(

Honestly, it sounds to me as though you're just anxious. Wrongfooting people with new and scary symptoms is what anxiety does. Also, if it's that week of the month, chances are you won't be your most rational self anyway (I know I never am!)

Re: Anxiety is back with a vengeance :(

My anxiety always plays me up when it’s that time too! And I’m on the implant so it’s not even a real cycle!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But I have promises to keep,

And miles to go before I sleep. - Robert Frost

Thread Information