Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do I need to take this seriously....

Re: Do I need to take this seriously....

Uhh thank you guys. Trying not to be nervous. I woke up this morning with tingling/ itching near the spot....I known that’s a symptom but trying to believe my brain is trying to scare me. I know squirrels generally dont carry it, but always worried I’m that 1%

Okay. So I spoke to the health department in my area. They told me it’s not a concern as squirrels have not been known to carry rabies.

I stopped worrying for a while but woke up this morning with a very scratchy hand/ arm- ( same hand squirrel went after) -

Comforting and helpful comments wanted... trying to stop my brain from whirling around

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamingincolor1390 View Post
    Comforting and helpful comments wanted... trying to stop my brain from whirling around
    Okay. So I spoke to the health department in my area. They told me it’s not a concern as squirrels have not been known to carry rabies.
    Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Here's a comforting thought: health anxiety can be very manageable with the right treatment and a little effort.

Uh I’m trying... I just feel sick! Itchy/ tingly arm... kinda nauseous...

This is all stuff that anxiety can exacerbate.

Hi, I've dealt with similar health anxiety recently (also about rabies), and I kept feeling like my arm was painful or tingling, and like I couldn't swallow. I've had those "symptoms" on and off for months now and I'm still fine, which obviously wouldn't be the case if they'd been rabies manifesting. Also, I haven't had any exposures that could reasonably have caused rabies, and it sounds like you haven't either.

What I'm trying to get across is that your mind is very good at manifesting symptoms like this when you're anxious about them. It doesn't sound like there's any way you could have come into contact with rabies if you haven't been bitten or scratched by an animal at all, let alone one that is likely to carry rabies or is exhibiting rabies symptoms. Try to remember that rabies in general is extremely rare, and it sounds like you'd be a medical "miracle" if you did get it without having had an obvious bite or exposure. And the same is true for me, as hard as it is to believe that sometimes.

We'll get through this!

You guys, I am a mess... I know I know... squirrels don’t usually carry rabies... this is anxiety... I get it... but for a week now I’m extemely fatigued... legs feel like jello, I always feel like I’m verging nausea and I’m so tired... I start to notice this wear off mid day..but from the moment I wake up it’s there. This is not helping the anxiety... 3 weeks ago I was running 4 miles every other day and lifting for 4 hours a week.... now I have to lean on stuff and can barely blow dry my hair..... please try to understand.... how can I feel this bad if “nothing” is wrong

how can I feel this bad if “nothing” is wrong
    Because you have a mental illness that is causing physical reactions and real physical SYMPTOMS.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

If it would lower your anxiety, go see your doctor or a walk-in clinic to get checked out.... perhaps you have picked up a virus or some sort of bug that's going around. If they tell you they've seen a lot of people with your same symptoms, it will make you feel better.
    Sue

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information