Quote Originally Posted by wavey View Post
Hi sial72, I've been trying to find out what might be causing the symptoms you explain as I've started experiencing them recently. My heart rate starts to increase; I start to feel hotter, I can feel adrenaline releasing in my chest area; I feel panicky with anxiety thoughts - I go for a BM and gradually things calm down - I can feel my heart changing it's rhythm as it starts to slow down. I can sometimes feel a bit weak and also slightly cold after as well.

It is definitely associated with a BM because I can be quite relaxed when I feel the adrenaline begin to release in my chest, followed by the other symptoms. I am aware that anxiety or panic can cause bowel movements as I have suffered from anxiety on and off for years, but this is happaning the other way around - it's the BM causing the anxiety.

I have ulcerative colitis and I keep a food, symptoms, meds diary which I have been looking at to try and spot why these symptoms may have started happening. It's quite difficult to see any correlation with anything in particular (which is a shame, because I'd be happy to cut out any offending food if it removed the symptoms).

It has also started waking me up in the night as well, with the same symptoms occurring at various times.

Have you any thoughts on why it may be happening e.g. your diet, a lifestyle change etc.?
Sorry, me again. Can the colitis not have something to do with it? I have seen about 3 people mention it who also say they have colitis and someone suggested diverticular disease