Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

Thread: New Chapter

Re: New Chapter

Sarah,this is far too late but I do hope your friends came very soon after you posted and that you were able to stay and have a good evening? You did so well just to go despite feeling so weak and shaky. I hope your friends could help you just by being there and making you feel protected and supported.

I hope you had a good evening Sarah and that the panic faded soon after you posted xx

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Sarah,this is far too late but I do hope your friends came very soon after you posted and that you were able to stay and have a good evening? You did so well just to go despite feeling so weak and shaky. I hope your friends could help you just by being there and making you feel protected and supported.
    Thank you so much for taking the time to reply Pulisa! It means so much x Sorry it took so long to reply, I tried not to be on my phone to much around my friends and my data was gone all day!

The evening was a mixed bag- while my anxiety didn't really settled I did mange to enjoy myself about 80% of the time! I ordered food but I wasn't able to eat it when it came. My friends didn't point it out because they knew that's a thing that happens whenever I'm in a bad place- which is good because in the past I would have forced myself to eat and felt even more unwell. It's like my friends know how to handle things, they keep a eye on me without making a big deal about it and making me feel like I'm ruining things. My friend who's moving away - gave me a big hug and thanked me for coming out even when she knows I've been having such a hard time! It meant alot.

Quote Originally Posted by Scass View Post
    I hope you had a good evening Sarah and that the panic faded soon after you posted xx
    Thank you Scass xx It means alot
    I was glad today I went in the end, I would have been super upset today if I didn't and haven't seen my friend before she left. So, while it felt bad- I'm glad I did it.

So, today I did my best to come back from last night. I still have a high heart rate and feel off- but I still tried to do everything today I wanted to do. It's now feelings worse in the night- but that tends to happen. So trying to stay calm and take lots of deep breaths! x It's horrid feelings like this but I'm doing my best to push through

Well, sadly it's not gotten beyyer. Im laying here wide awake with all these awful feeling phycial (heart, breathing, body numbness whhohoo all that bad stuff plus more!)

So I'm looking into buying a weighted blanket to see if that's able to help? With sleep away.

Like, I used to be on meds but due to personal issues with them now my GP and therapist agree it's not a longer term thing for me. Like I kept just getting breathlessness and lots of other things so it's very hard to deal and I'm trying to find other ways around it.

Your friends sound just perfect, Sarah...At least you have them to support you and you don't need to explain anything.

I wish you could get some improvement with your sleep because lying awake with panic symptoms must be exhausting and very distressing. Are weighted blankets very expensive?

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Your friends sound just perfect, Sarah...At least you have them to support you and you don't need to explain anything.

I wish you could get some improvement with your sleep because lying awake with panic symptoms must be exhausting and very distressing. Are weighted blankets very expensive?
    Hi Pulisa! Sorry for the late reply again, I've been really struggling with panic attacks. I have to see my own GP and therapist anyway for a update next week, so I'll talk to them about these issue as things are getting out of hand at this stage! I'm really having issues with breathing/heart rate but I'm sure there's a way to work it all out! Taking another step forward.

Yes, I'm very lucky for my friends. We care for each other, I try to do my best to support and care for them when they need me. As they have been so wonderful to me, I hope I am half the friend to them as they are me.

Yeah, the sleeping isn't great. It's just extra hard but I try telling myself I've had lots of bad nights but I've made it to the next morning. No matter how fast my heart beats or how breathless I am. It's not alot but it's something. With the blanket, the are nearly two hundred euro but I'm going to talk again to my gp and therapist again to see if they think it would be of wroth!

Thank you again for replying x I hope you're well

I sense your obvious distress with all this and rightfully so. Your GP and therapist surely must be able to help you more even if it's with drugs to help break the cycle of insomnia and panic? The weighted blanket may help but ultimately this appears to be a psychological problem and a lack of confidence and fear that you will get through the night? Do they know just how bad things get at night for you?

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

Thread Information