Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lymph node fear :(

Lymph node fear :(

So yesterday I noticed a pea sized lymph node on the side of my neck right at the bottom of it. I am a little sick so I was just thinking it’s to do with that, although I was still worried because when I’m sick it’s the nodes under my jaw that usually swell - I’ve never noticed one on the side bottom of my neck. Then I read that lymph nodes swelling near the collarbone or bottom area of the neck are often cancerous! I don’t know if this is referring to ones that are very large in size, but I’m panicking this is the start of a cancer and it’ll just grow from here - it’s soft and it moves but it wasn’t painful (until I pressed it). I feel really worried

Re: Lymph node fear :(

Anyone else had a lymph node on the side of their neck near the bottom which was fine?

I had a look and it's in the 'posterior cervical chain' so definitely lower neck area. Is that a bad sign?

Quote Originally Posted by Dimdim101 View Post
    'posterior cervical chain'
    ^^^ Reeks of Google.

Quote Originally Posted by NancyW View Post
    ^^^ Reeks of Google.
    Obviously not ideal, I know. But I just can't shake the worry because it's such an unusual place for me to have a swollen lymph node so far down my neck

Quote Originally Posted by Dimdim101 View Post
    Obviously not ideal, I know. But I just can't shake the worry because it's such an unusual place for me to have a swollen lymph node so far down my neck
    Since when is "pea sized" swollen?

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Not the best term then. I have one on the right side of my neck in the same spot which is 'pea size' and feels normal, while the one on the left side feels double the size so I would say it's swollen. Double the size though, relatively, is probably still only the size of a small bean. It's around 1cm or less, I am just worried it will grow or not go down to the size it should (as indicated on the other side)

Drs dont get excited about pea size lymphnodes or bean size lymphnodes.. Also, lymphnodes are not cancer detectors, just because one has an enlarged lymphnode does not mean they have cancer.
    I am not sure where you read what you read that if someone has an enlarged lymphnode in that area that its likely to be cancer because I have a shoddy lymphnode in that area and its of no concern.

The lymphnodes are the bodies filters. They enlarge for all kinds of reasons most of which are completely benign. I am not sure why out of all the cancers out there everyone seems to get anxious over this one the most. Blood cancers when compared to other types of cancers are actually considered rare. I know it doesn't seem that way but it's TRUE. There are fewer then 200,000 cases of lymphoma in the US per year.

Try not to worry yourself crazy over this. There are more symptoms then just enlarged lymphnodes when someone has lymphoma and from all the stories I have ever read of the people who have had battled this had noticeably enlarged lymphnodes.

Must be the month for Lymphoma or nodes,just like the measles outbreak at the moment
    You will be fine

Hoping so! Still the same size and freaking me out :(

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information