Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Lymph node fear :(

Re: Lymph node fear :(

I also once read that lymphoma can present as 'persisting' flu symptoms such as a sore throat, and for the past few days I've had a sore throat and then noticed the node - but sore throat drains to the nodes under the jaw, not the posterior cervical chain so that worries me

Since you'll poke holes to keep your dragon breathing and are a graduate of Google U, I'll just say I hope you feel better soon

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    Since you'll poke holes to keep your dragon breathing and are a graduate of Google U, I'll just say I hope you feel better soon

Positive thoughts
    Hahaha, can't say you are wrong there...I also am about to graduate from studying physiology in the real world, so I know the logic behind lymph nodes etc but as usual the anxious mind overtakes the rational one.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimdim101 View Post
    Hahaha, can't say you are wrong there...I also am about to graduate from studying physiology in the real world, so I know the logic behind lymph nodes etc but as usual the anxious mind overtakes the rational one.
    Then you know better! Tell your anxious mind to STFU then! Now that I know you're a student of physiology, you know I'm going to challenge you to state the facts from now on

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    Then you know better! Tell your anxious mind to STFU then! Now that I know you're a student of physiology, you know I'm going to challenge you to state the facts from now on

Positive thoughts
    Hahah thank you for the tough love when I need it most! I will try to keep rational and stop obsessing. Now to put that into practice...

Okay, noticed a lymph node at the back of my neck now. It's very small and I am a thin person so I'm trying to imagine it was always there...time will tell I guess.

Stop. Poking. And. Prodding!

Positive thoughts

Okay, noticed a lymph node at the back of my neck now. It's very small and I am a thin person so I'm trying to imagine it was always there...time will tell I guess.
    If I was your patient and I came to you with this worry... from a psychological perspective, what would you tell me?

I felt a lump lump on the back of my neck last week,turned out too be a bloody mozzie bite that got infected.
    Time for you too let go of this and get out and live.

It's definitely a lymph node! But more likely than not poking at it caused it to swell even more, and if I had left it then it may have been less swollen. Trying to keep busy and not worry but everything is still pretty much the same size. Wish it would hurry up and go down! *Actually, wish both of them would go down now*
    Last edited by Dimdim101; 30-05-19 at 12:43.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information