Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Lymph node fear :(

Re: Lymph node fear :(

I'm planning to go overseas in just over a month and just want to enjoy my time so want this all to go away by then!

Dimdim101 how come you haven't answered me ?

Quote Originally Posted by NancyW View Post
    Dimdim101 how come you haven't answered me ?
    To answer your question, I would tell myself to stop obsessing, since doctors would be thinking logically. And I do tell myself this same advice, but of course when it's you affected it's easier to catastrophise and obsess that you are one of those rare ones who will get sick.

I have had 2 pea sized lymph nodes in the posterior cervical triangle for about 6 months (one on each side). Had them checked out countless times by several docs, none is concerned. So most probably they are just shotty or normal nodes. Seems like some of us can just feel their nodes...

Quote Originally Posted by DenisD View Post
    I have had 2 pea sized lymph nodes in the posterior cervical triangle for about 6 months (one on each side). Had them checked out countless times by several docs, none is concerned. So most probably they are just shotty or normal nodes. Seems like some of us can just feel their nodes...
    I wouldn't really call mine pea sized, but they are not 'large' either. On the right I feel the 'pea sized' versions, so the 2 on the left are somewhat swollen but still I guess wouldn't be considered that worrying by most people, at least for now. I just fear the unknown and that they will grow into something sinister as I can't find a clear explanation as to why they've gone up

*Especially since they are painless that worries me too, although they could just be painless since they are still considered small (and if they really were majorly enlarged then they would be tender)

Was feeling better about things and staying positive until today Had these random chest pains, which of course is another symptom of lymphoma. I have no idea how that chest pain presents, but for me I was bending forward to type on my laptop which was on a table lower than my chair, and when I breathed in it happened - it's like a weirdly sharp yet dull pain which radiated through my chest. It happened a few times in that position, and it's something which I have had before when lying on my side and breathing it. While it sounds positional, and potentially related to air and a need to burp maybe? Considering the lymph nodes in my neck I am just stressing so much It's been a week now and they haven't changed in size, which doesn't really make me that relieved anyway, and now with this happening I'm way more stressed.
    Last edited by Dimdim101; 02-06-19 at 11:25.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimdim101 View Post
    Was feeling better about things and staying positive until today Had these random chest pains, which of course is another symptom of lymphoma. I have no idea how that chest pain presents, but for me I was bending forward to type on my laptop which was on a table lower than my chair, and when I breathed in it happened - it's like a weirdly sharp yet dull pain which radiated through my chest. It happened a few times in that position, and it's something which I have had before when lying on my side and breathing it. While it sounds positional, and potentially related to air and a need to burp maybe? Considering the lymph nodes in my neck I am just stressing so much It's been a week now and they haven't changed in size, which doesn't really make me that relieved anyway, and now with this happening I'm way more stressed.
    I also am about to graduate from studying physiology in the real world, so I know the logic behind lymph nodes
    Stop poking and prodding as you know that can inflame them and make them shotty.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Can someone explain what a 'rubbery' lymph node is?

While my lymph nodes are not hard or fixed, what worries me is that lymphoma is often found with 'rubbery, firm, mobile lymph nodes.' Mine are mobile, but the term 'rubbery' confuses me, isn't this the opposite of firm? So with lymphoma you can have firm or rubbery nodes - are they not opposite to each other? - is rubbery considered to be firm, or can rubbery also mean soft? My lymph nodes are oval-shaped, mobile, and I would be more inclined to call them soft rather than firm...
    Last edited by Dimdim101; 04-06-19 at 06:29.

I just noticed another one on the right side even lower down... The 2 on the right side seem 'normal' since they don't really 'stick up' as much, and I guess they are just feelable since I'm thin? Maybe they were always there but I just never poked around to know...
    But still the 2 on the left side and back seem somewhat swollen? I hope within a few weeks they do go

Can someone explain what a 'rubbery' lymph node is?
    I also am about to graduate from studying physiology in the real world, so I know the logic behind lymph nodes

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information