Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Worried about lymphoma. Node issues.

Worried about lymphoma. Node issues.

I have an issue with a lymph node on the side of my head. Almost behind my ear. But, more like next to it. It has been up for around 6 months. I have been to three doctors. But, they all seemed to dismiss me quickly and one told me it's not even a lymph node. When, I know better after seeing a chart where the nodes are. I think the one I am having issues with is called the pre-auricular.

It's about the size of a BB or tiny stone, and it's fairly hard and barely moves and doesn't move at all if I stretch the skin tight there. It's painless unless I irritate it. But, then it just feels like the skin on top is irratated. It doesn't seem to have grown any. But, hasn't gotten smaller either. And, it's freaking me out badly. I don't want to die.

What could this be?

Re: Worried about lymphoma. Node issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles Silverfish View Post
    I have been to three doctors. But, they all seemed to dismiss me quickly and one told me it's not even a lymph node. When, I know better after seeing a chart where the nodes are.
    So you know better than 3 medically trained professionals based on a chart?

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

I know I know. But, this concerns me highly because I have a strange looking mole on my shoulder right below where this is. You can trace my from there to my neck where the pebble like lump is at. I had the mole looked at 2 years ago. But, it has changed. It has a ring around it that looks like an indentation into my skin.

I just noticed that about 2 weeks ago and I haven't went back to the doctor. I am so scared that it's melanoma and it has went to that node.

I am so scared that it's melanoma and it has went to that node.
    The node that 3 doctors say isn't a node? Do you see you're creating a mountain out of flat earth?

Positive thoughts
    Last edited by Fishmanpa; 27-05-19 at 04:15.
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

It was three GP's. Not ENT's. My insurance will not cover an ENT around here.

It was three GP's. Not ENT's. My insurance will not cover an ENT around here.
    I'm a Stage IVa Head and Neck cancer survivor. It was my ONE GP that felt and saw the swollen visible node on my neck warranted investigation and an ENT referral. When I say swollen, I mean you could clearly see it. You're talking about something the size of a BB and no doctor thinks its a node? Sorry, but you can continue to worry and see more doctors and be told the same thing. The "Told Ya So Gang" will be on standby. I realize you're new here but this is an all too familiar pattern of HA many have seen here time and time again.

Positive thoughts

I went to the GP again. One of my regular ones. She definitely believes it's not a node. But, a sebaceous cyst. I on the other hand. I'm still worried. All felt great until I started worrying that she didn't feel it correctly because of how swollen all my pressing and rubbing it made it. Like what if the cyst just came up and what was underneath that I was feeling before was something worse. Now I am stuck on sarcoma cause of a story I saw on YT once. Ugh.

It is probably just a cyst though. And, I have an appointment for a dermatologist to cut it out of me and look at the spot on my skin which my GP said looked benign.

What's so funny about the cyst diagnosis is the night before I went to the GP. I heard something like "why am I so worried about a damn cyst" in the back of my mind. But, of course now. I'm right back to having panic attacks that I am dying.

I am so so sick of this anxiety. Even my meds aren't working right anymore.

Bumping to say that I went to urgent care today. They felt of it. Think it's a cyst as well. But, I don't think they felt it right. Like I do. It seems attached to the muscle below the skin. And, no doctor has been able to find that out. Also had a CBC. Came back normal.

I have an appointment with the dermatologist tomorrow and I am so scared.

Given that these people are experts and perform a lot of physical exams, are you open to the possibility that maybe you're the one feeling things wrong?

Health anxiety is a nasty, nasty illness.

Yes. I am open to it. Thank you blue iris.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information