Thread: No appetite for a week now and worried.

No appetite for a week now and worried.

Hi

I have not had an appetite for a week now and keep worrying about it. I'm concerned now. At first, I was thinking that it's due to something less serious like my hormone changes(period) or stress/anxiety. I am worried now due to my health anxiety getting the best of me. I keep thinking I have colon cancer or stomach cancer. I am also so worried about the case of worms. My rectum has been quite itchy for awhile now. I thought it might be because of hemrrhoids, but I don't know now. This itching will last throughout the day and start up in the morning. I will have little moments where I feel quite hungry. When this kicks in, I'll be able to eat perhaps a small bowl of food. Sometimes though, I will first feel hungry then feel full suddenly. I cannot stop worrying on this now and fixating on it.

I went to my doctor on Thursday and he told me it might be because of my gastritis. He told me then to see if taking my acid reflux medication twice a day would work. I also have to go to the hospital still for a blood test. He wanted to make sure I am not anemic. I don't have any symptoms of anemia, but I wanted to make sure my lack of appetite wasn't due to losing too much blood. So, I need to go to the hospital still for that.

Anyways, I am very worried. I have not lost a significant amount of weight or anything. I'm eating small meals like I should be even if I don't feel hungry. I'm just so worried though and I cannot bring my mind off my loss of appetite. I also have been so gassy. I've had change in BM's. Most of them are soft and I might have one or two bowel movements a day. It feels too sometimes like i have to still go too even though I just finished going to the bathroom. I'm so frustrated.

Does this sound like anxiety or something else?

Re: No appetite for a week now and worried.

Stress and anxiety can kill your appetite completely. I was massively stressed a couple of months back and didn't eat for three days before I realised I wasn't eating. I had to 'force feed' myself until I managed the stress properly but was barely managing 1000 cals per day. I lost about 14lbs in a month, but not I've let it pass I'm back to normal again.

Thread Information