Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: agateophobia

agateophobia

can agateophobia make you insane?

Please can you explain what the phobia is.

Thanks

Agateophobia is fear of Insanity

SD

As my psychiatirst said, those who worry about going insane are the least likely to.

CYA

quote:Originally posted by smudga

As my psychiatirst said, those who worry about going insane are the least likely to.

CYA
    That's good to know. I thought I was going mad for years.
    Does that mean I am just dellusional now? lol

Neuroses - panic and anxiety do not progress into Psychotic illnesses. It just doesn't happen that way.

As we spent a long time not understanding our anxiety properly we convince ourselves that we must be going mad as we cannot find any other reason. We then obsessively think about it which cements the thought nicely until it becomes a belief.

Energy follows thought so if we think about it enough we come to believe it even though physiologically it doesn't happen.

If you stare and think about your thumb long enough you will eventually think it looks/feels funny. [:I]

quote:Originally posted by radar

If you stare and think about your thumb long enough you will eventually think it looks/feels funny. [:I]
    I've done that with words. I think about a word.... 'telephone' over and over again- then eventually the word doesn't sound familiar! It even sounds weird.[8)]

hi there
    i remember someone saying too me if you think your insane you cant be because a sane person would not would not ask that question.
    bish

Hiya,

I found my self looking at the fatty bit below my thumb (palm side up) and thinking it was growing big and purply and vainy
    I had a panic attack because of it. I actually had to check my 6 year old sons hand to see if it was the same(it was) I had just stared at it for too long and my mind went into overdrive I think too much!!

I feel as if I am going crazy as well and have to ask people for reassurance

I suppose you are right though if you were insane u wouldn't be thinking about it!!!!

Did anyone watch coronation street last night when sarah's boyfriend said something about being scared at the top of a cliff not in case you fall but you jump. I asked my partner about that and he said he has strange thoughts all the time but doesn't dwell on them. I think the problem with anxiety sufferers is we analyse our thoughts too much instead of letting the silly ones go . Does that make any sense??

Lucky

following from last message i also get this with tastes. I think something may taste funny and half way through it (ie juice)it does taste funny!! (or so I hink

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information