Thread: Convinced myself I’ve got breast cancer

Convinced myself I’ve got breast cancer

I’m 23 years old and I’m totally panicking that I’ve got breast cancer. I’ve got big boobs and lately when I lay on my stomach i’ve been feeling like my left breast is harder than the other (I do tend to lean more on my left side so maybe thats it) so i checked my breasts today and the lower inner part of both of my breasts (like where the bra wire goes) feel a little harder and lumpy, not big hard lumps but if I keep feeling and pressing I can feel them. In the left breast it feels slightly a tiny bit harder but thats my bigger breast. I asked my mum to feel and she said they dont feel like lumps just like muscle but of course I don’t believe her. I suffered really bad with health anxiety and worry over my breasts three years ago but since being on medication I haven’t worried about it until now.

I’m due on my period tomorrow or the day after so apparently that can make it lumpy but I cant stop worrying and I feel sick thinking about it. I’m convinced I’ve got breast cancer. There is no family history of breast cancer in my family and I know its rare at my age but I cant think rationally and I just feel terrified. I also found out this week that a friend was diagnosed with hodkins lymphoma And my mum thinks this may have triggered this. I just feel so helpless and terrified and like I know its something awful :’(

Re: Convinced myself I’ve got breast cancer

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Re: Convinced myself I’ve got breast cancer

Hi
    Sorry to hear you're going through this, i also suffer with health anxiety and it can be horrible at times, other times not so much.
    Have you been to the doctors?

Thread Information