Hi all,

Have not been on here really for a few yrs. was on various meds but never really got much respite. Anyway last year after being med free for over 3 yrs I took a promotion and quickly stopped sleeping. within a few weeks i was getting chest pains lump in throat. I had two antibiotics in November for dental implants and within 3 days my head started racing and hasn't stopped since. I tried to do it without meds but got to Jan and was having very dark thoughts. I was put on prozac - lasted 3 weeks absolute pacing hell. then went private to see consultant who i'd seen in past and she put me on mirtazapine. 11 days were great as i was getting brill sleep, then bing! wide awake 5 hrs after taking it every night and palapatations. I was also taking diazepam with it.it never worked out and i got another NHS consultant who has put me on seroxat. She said i need to stick with it for a while. I was on 10mg for 3 wks which was really hard, then she put me upto 20mg,s lasted 3 days and i was jumping up and down hyperventilating. spoke to duty nurse and she got another consultant to call me back who said i can drop it to 15mg and take lorazepam for SE. stuck with 15 mg for 3 wks. then consultant said she wants me upto 20mg. being terrified i did 17.5mg for 4 days the aprox 18.25 for a night thn went upto 20 for the last 7 days. I take it at night with zopiclone and 1mg of lorazepam. My sleep was much better thu, fri sat, sunday night. still had very hards days though. Anyway, since Monday it has been hell again(tbh at has pretty much been this way since nov) and i feel my sanity is ebbing. having to take lorazopam thro the day which i loath. if i don't i get total Akathisia I am now into my 9th week of seroxat and desperately looking for some encouragement reassurance.

kinds regards,
Paul