Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Please any success stories encouragement on seroxat

Please any success stories encouragement on seroxat

Hi all,

Have not been on here really for a few yrs. was on various meds but never really got much respite. Anyway last year after being med free for over 3 yrs I took a promotion and quickly stopped sleeping. within a few weeks i was getting chest pains lump in throat. I had two antibiotics in November for dental implants and within 3 days my head started racing and hasn't stopped since. I tried to do it without meds but got to Jan and was having very dark thoughts. I was put on prozac - lasted 3 weeks absolute pacing hell. then went private to see consultant who i'd seen in past and she put me on mirtazapine. 11 days were great as i was getting brill sleep, then bing! wide awake 5 hrs after taking it every night and palapatations. I was also taking diazepam with it.it never worked out and i got another NHS consultant who has put me on seroxat. She said i need to stick with it for a while. I was on 10mg for 3 wks which was really hard, then she put me upto 20mg,s lasted 3 days and i was jumping up and down hyperventilating. spoke to duty nurse and she got another consultant to call me back who said i can drop it to 15mg and take lorazepam for SE. stuck with 15 mg for 3 wks. then consultant said she wants me upto 20mg. being terrified i did 17.5mg for 4 days the aprox 18.25 for a night thn went upto 20 for the last 7 days. I take it at night with zopiclone and 1mg of lorazepam. My sleep was much better thu, fri sat, sunday night. still had very hards days though. Anyway, since Monday it has been hell again(tbh at has pretty much been this way since nov) and i feel my sanity is ebbing. having to take lorazopam thro the day which i loath. if i don't i get total Akathisia I am now into my 9th week of seroxat and desperately looking for some encouragement reassurance.

kinds regards,
    Paul

Re: Please any success stories encouragement on seroxat

please anyone?

Really frightened and alone in my own head. surrounded by beautiful children and wife and cannot feel them.

I've not taken meds so I can't really advise but I thought I'd reply, just to say I'd read the post.

were you better when you were med free?

Ghost…Spillways

My own experiences on seroxat really weren't great, however, different meds work differently for different people. If it isn't the med for you, maybe a different SSRI might work better instead?

Thanks for the response guys. what med are you on Iris?

Citalopram. Apparently some people love it and some hate it, but it's given me my life back with minimal side effects.

Seroxat wasn't good for me at all.

Citalopram was the 1st one i wsa put on back in sept 2011. however i was started on 20 mg and ramped up to 40 in about 7 weeks. too much for me. what dose are you currently on?

kind regards

I started on 10, then went up to 20 after a couple of months.

Hi Iris,
    what were your main issues on seroxat and what dose were you on?

Kind regards

Please anyone any encouragement. Saw my consultant yesterday and she keeps say keep going. I have been on it 9 weeks. 3 at 10, 3 at 15, 1 week at 17.5 and last 2 weeks at 20mg. She said it will take several more weeks. My leg is going like a jack hammer and i cannot be at peace. also currently taking 2 -3 mg of loraz to "deal with anxiety".

Any engouragement would greatly be appreciated

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information