Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What happened to Anxiety Central ?

Re: What happened to Anxiety Central ?

Quote Originally Posted by whispershadow View Post
    How much money does it cost to run a website? just wondering, Nic
    That depends.

This website is hosted with RapidSwitch. Their cheapest server is £35 month. NMP likely uses the higher end servers. £100 m/o maybe. They've got 2 IP's with RapidSwitch so probably double the price on server cost. NMP also has to pay for the software to run the forum which is $195. Owners will also need to take a profit as managing a forum of this size is a full time job. Possibly also some paid moderators, or staff in the background. It can get costly. Ads help especially with a forum this size.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

Anxiety Zone really helped me when I was at my worst. NMP is great too though.

Nothing wrong with making money. And if it helps people at the same time all the better.

Quote Originally Posted by joecalm View Post
    I remember the name but not her posts. But there was a guy (from Australia I think) who was brilliant with the meds but I can't remember his name. If I heard it I'd know it. I thought the site was really good. It seemed to shut down very abruptly.
    Just a post out to other members as I never used AZ. Didn't sixpack come here when it closed? I can remember a lady who I think was this member but I can't remember her user name so it's hard to search for her posts to point her out to you.

Here you go:

https://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/member.php?78213-Sixpack

Not seen her on for ages. She wasn't here long so may have moved on?

Loads of the AZ members came here but many seemed to have gone quiet too so perhaps they have found somewhere else?

Quote Originally Posted by joecalm View Post
    Nothing wrong with making money. And if it helps people at the same time all the better.
    I agree. This place is wonderful.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

Neither Nic, the admins nor the moderators get paid for running this site.

I do not know the financial side of things but I doubt that the adverts cover the cost.

God bless them.

Quote Originally Posted by WiredIncorrectly View Post
    That depends.

This website is hosted with RapidSwitch. Their cheapest server is £35 month. NMP likely uses the higher end servers. £100 m/o maybe. They've got 2 IP's with RapidSwitch so probably double the price on server cost. NMP also has to pay for the software to run the forum which is $195. Owners will also need to take a profit as managing a forum of this size is a full time job. Possibly also some paid moderators, or staff in the background. It can get costly. Ads help especially with a forum this size.
    It does cost just over £100 a month as we have a dedicated server for NMP.

The advertising is sadly not bringing in much but it helps a bit.

Then there are forum upgrade costs and the website domain name costs as well.

The admins all offer their time for free

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

If everyone who can afford it puts in whatever amount they can afford without running themself into problems, would that be helpful?

I can't do much this month cause of vet bills but once i know what the vet bills are going to come to i am happy to give what i can if Nic is happy.
    Ebony (1st January 2014 - 2nd March 2018)
    Tigger (31st October 2014 - current)
    Willow (3rd November 2018 - current)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information