Thread: Will my goitre choke me??

Anyone have a goitre?

Does anyone on here suffer with an enlarged thyroid gland? I have what they call a multinodular goitre. An enlarged thyroid with multiple cysts and nodules. Does anyone suffer with this or know anyone that does?

Re: Anyone have a goitre?

yep me diagnosed many moons ago and it had has never been a problem

Me too.

Did you get a biopsy? I had an ultrasound scan but having to wait 4 months to see the ENT. No biopsy or anything. One nodule is a complex cyst so I'm really worried.

Quote Originally Posted by littlemissworry.x View Post
    Did you get a biopsy? I had an ultrasound scan but having to wait 4 months to see the ENT. No biopsy or anything. One nodule is a complex cyst so I'm really worried.
    I had a huge nodule on my thyroid years ago and it was complex. I had to go get a needle biopsy and it was benign. It was just a cyst I guess and since then it’s disappeared. Luckily things in the thyroid are rarely anything scary. That’s what I learned after I went into a spiral and convinced myself I was going to die. It was my first huge health scare and I handled it well, as you can clearly see 😂

Thank you, it's just I've not been offered a biopsy and have had to wait 4 months just to be seen since my scan! Very worried right now, it's good yours was benign! I think most are I'm just such a worrier x

Will my goitre choke me??

I have a multinodular goitre, sometimes it feels like I wearing a scarf my neck feels tight and horrible, and what with it being on my windpipe I'm panicking its going to close my airway and I will choke and die! I just had a horrible feeling like I couldnt swallow and i really panicked! So scared I'm gonna choke and die

Re: Will my goitre choke me??

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

Elen

Thread Information