Thread: I want to sleep all the time

I want to sleep all the time

I don't know how long I've been on the meds now. Around 2 months I'd say. Does anyone experience tiredness as a lasting side effect?

At any point in the day I can fall asleep. It got so bad I resorted to sitting in bed with the laptop and for a week that's all I did. Today I got up and forced some exercise and decided to sit at the desk instead of the bed to try and push through. I do a bit of freelance writing, and manage my own websites, but I'm finding it very hard to get anything done. Everything feels like a monumental task.

My sleeping pattern is a bit wonky at the moment. Some days I can sleep at 11pm, other days I can't sleep until 6am. When I do sleep I get enough rest, and I sleep well. But I'll wake up shattered and that will go on throughout the day. Only time I seem to come alive is at night time when everybody is asleep.

I'm happy the meds are doing their job, but could do with some advice on combating the tiredness. If I remember correctly this was the reason I took myself cold turkey off them. I don't want to stop them because they're the only medication that does something for my mental health.

Re: I want to sleep all the time

Is it sertraline you are on?

Quote Originally Posted by jojo2316 View Post
    Is it sertraline you are on?
    Hey JoJo, yes that's right

I wouldn't say it lasts forever, but yes, I remember it lasting a long time. I remember telling my doctor I was OK when I was up and about and doing things, but as soon as I would sit down, I would fall asleep or want to very badly. He said something about sedentary fatigue, and it did get better as the months went by. I just increased my dose 5 weeks ago and am feeling the fatigue again.
    Sue

Quote Originally Posted by DustingMyselfOff View Post
    I wouldn't say it lasts forever, but yes, I remember it lasting a long time. I remember telling my doctor I was OK when I was up and about and doing things, but as soon as I would sit down, I would fall asleep or want to very badly. He said something about sedentary fatigue, and it did get better as the months went by. I just increased my dose 5 weeks ago and am feeling the fatigue again.
    Sue
    I'm glad I'm not alone. I ended up falling back asleep again lol. You're right about getting up and doing something hence why I'll jump rope of lift weights when I feel super sleepy. When I woke up an hour ago I was still so tired but did more exercise and I'll be chipper for a bit until sleep time.

What dose you on? Im up to 150mg in 2 weeks.

Actually I'm not on the same med as you, I'm on Prozac, but I think the fatigue factor is pretty much the same with all AD's.
    Sue

Quote Originally Posted by DustingMyselfOff View Post
    Actually I'm not on the same med as you, I'm on Prozac, but I think the fatigue factor is pretty much the same with all AD's.
    Sue
    Yeah my partner is the same. She's on 30mg Matazapine. I ended up falling asleep around 6am after a lot of tossing and turning. Woke up at 2pm with what feels like a nasty hangover. Oh the joys. We've got my nephews and niece over for the night so with any luck I'll be so shattered I'll sleep early.

2 full months later and you're still feeling exhausted? :( I really hate this med. lots of people feeling long term slothful on this. hope it works out better for you. I can't do these effects in the long term.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi_87 View Post
    2 full months later and you're still feeling exhausted? :( I really hate this med. lots of people feeling long term slothful on this. hope it works out better for you. I can't do these effects in the long term.
    I'm not so much exhausted anymore, but I still sleep unusual hours. The meds knocked my sleeping pattern off track when they caused insomnia. I sometimes get insomnia still. The side effects are not causing any issues at the moment so I'll stick with them. Certainly beats the anxiety attacks that's for sure.

I'm slowly gaining my motivation back. I'm moving up to 150mg shortly as there may still be some lingering depression. I do have off days. But the anxiety is under control.

Thread Information