Thread: Partners' breast spot

Partners' breast spot

Hi all, hope it's ok i'm posting this here.

My partner has had this spot on her breast for around a month, maybe more, apparently. She showed it to me a few days ago, and I immediately panicked (follow my post history, I have bad HA) and told her to see a doc.

It's sort of at the front to under the breast, a bit pimple like with some redness around. It's not like swollen and there's no lump underneath the skin. I managed to convince her to see a doc today, because she was reluctant to listen to me with my history of health anxiety.

But she's in a panic now, because although the doc said she doesn't think it's suspicious, if it hasn't gone in a few weeks after treatment with an antibiotic cream she will need to be referred.

I'm worried because I've read about IBC, which although rare is very very aggressive, and the symptoms can be like redness or blemishes.

Has anyone had anything like this?

Re: Partners' breast spot

It doesn’t sound at all sinister and nothing at all like IBC. However. I’m no medic. But she is being checked by people who are- that is what matters

I looked at the spot again tonight, it looks more like a blemish than a spot........:-(

I’m sure with ibc redness and spots etc normally cover at least a third of the breast. I regularly get red spots on my boobs. I have large breasts and they get sweaty. I too panic but they normally go in a few days. I’ve also had red marks that came up for a week or two that look like rashes but they went. I had a huge snake like vein come up so much I thought I had multiple lumps. That’s also gone. Breast are weird things and the more you check them the more you notice changes. I think that’s why they say to check once a month. Also as I’m learning they change a lot as you get older. I’m sure this red mark will clear up and she will be ok. Any new symptoms make sure she goes back

Thread Information