Thread: Tender spot behind the ear

Tender spot behind the ear

Since two days ago I've been having tender spot to touch behind left year (on the bone behind ear). It is not red and it's a bone so of course it is hard, and I tested both sides are the same so nothing is swollen.

So basically that bone behind ear hurts to touch for some reason (only to touch not when moving the head etc.).

Anyone experienced something similar?

Re: Tender spot behind the ear

Yes I get this sometimes, I don’t know whether or not there is a gland around that area (I never felt one but I guess you don’t always) an I think something like a bite/spot etc can cause them to react. Is it like a bruised feeling?

Not sure what to tell you. It has been 5 days now. It is only tender to touch, probably like a bruise yeah. I have rechecked and I definitely can't feel any swelling (both sides are the same).

Have you been sick with a cold or ear infection lately? Could be related to that. Do you wear glasses? Maybe they’re rubbing on that spot?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sick and don't wear glasses. If it was a swollen lymph node it should be felt I suppose, or at least something would be felt. Usually people feel lymph nodes even when they are not there, here both sides are the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo84 View Post
    If it was a swollen lymph node it should be felt I suppose, or at least something would be felt. Usually people feel lymph nodes even when they are not there, here both sides are the same.
    If you poke and prod enough, you're going to find nodes. That's just the way it is and contrary to what many here report, swollen nodes are not "pea" sized. Having had Head and Neck cancer, I know what swollen nodes are and what is considered sinister. I can assure you the cases I read about don't raise any red flags at all. Nodes respond to anything foreign (that's their job) and also react to poking and prodding and I know that's an issue with 100% of the node threads.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

I think you switched the topic as I dodn't mention pea sized nodes it was in another topic I am saying that I don't feel anything swollen so it can't be a node I guess, something just hurts to touch

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo84 View Post
    I think you switched the topic as I dodn't mention pea sized nodes it was in another topic I am saying that I don't feel anything swollen so it can't be a node I guess, something just hurts to touch
    I see that... yeah... point still stands though. As far as a sore spot? It happens. I wouldn't be concerned. Just don't be poking it is all. Its the old...

Patient: Doc, it hurts when I do _______.
    Doctor: Don't do it!

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    I see that... yeah... point still stands though. As far as a sore spot? It happens. I wouldn't be concerned. Just don't be poking it is all. Its the old...

Patient: Doc, it hurts when I do _______.
    Doctor: Don't do it!

Positive thoughts
    Valid point. Thanks

Thread Information