Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Blood test results

Re: Liver Function Tests - results got me worried

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    Date and Time?

Positive thoughts
    June 18th 12pm, telephone consultation to begin with.

I’m so worried, how can my liver tests be that abnormal?

Re: Liver Function Tests - results got me worried

Quote Originally Posted by shotta287 View Post
    June 18th 12pm, telephone consultation to begin with.

I’m so worried, how can my liver tests be that abnormal?
    Good going! That's a step in the right direction

Your doctor said not to be concerned and they'll retest and besides, the question is for a medical professional, not an anxiety board. Besides, you has some kind of infection when you had your blood work done so.....I had blood test readings that were off (high) and when retested, they had come down. It happens. Of course, you Googled and got yourself in a tizzy so what can be said?

Positive thoughts
    Last edited by Fishmanpa; 03-06-19 at 12:18.
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Re: Blood test results

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Nicola, apologies, I will keep that in mind next time! ^

Fishmanpa, I wish I had a mindset like yours. My mind has been beset with worry for the best part of a month now. Various things, you’ve seen my posts lol.

I wish I could have every test under the sun and hopefully be given the all clear but then again, waiting for results is scary enough.

So, what started off as a coeliac disease worry, morphed into bowel cancer, leukaemia and now... pancreatic cancer.

I seem to tick all the boxes:
    - IBS like symptoms, gas and softish stools after eating spicy food, light brown floating stools after very fatty meals
    - Loss of appetite although I am still eating as normal but I don’t feel hungry as much
    - Lost around ~1.25kg since March
    - Abnormal liver function on blood test
    - Poor sleep

Sounds absolutely ridiculous I know but I just seem to have all the symptoms.

How are you doing now?
    My blood test are fine but i have a bruise on my leg and i feel so weak but i dont remember if i felt weak before i spotted the bruise or after.
    I completely undserstand how you're feeling. healthy anxiety is awful, i cant go into the doctors office without going red and then they check my bp and say oh its quite high. EVERY SINGLE TIME. i need to tell them oh i have anxiety. i wish i just had one doctor who knows my situation but they're always new.
    Any how i am going back tomorrow about this bruise. Hopefully i have a break from more symptoms as i cant take any more.

Quote Originally Posted by jj1995 View Post
    How are you doing now?
    My blood test are fine but i have a bruise on my leg and i feel so weak but i dont remember if i felt weak before i spotted the bruise or after.
    I completely undserstand how you're feeling. healthy anxiety is awful, i cant go into the doctors office without going red and then they check my bp and say oh its quite high. EVERY SINGLE TIME. i need to tell them oh i have anxiety. i wish i just had one doctor who knows my situation but they're always new.
    Any how i am going back tomorrow about this bruise. Hopefully i have a break from more symptoms as i cant take any more.
    Hi, I wouldn’t worry if the blood test was fine. You should definitely tell them that you are anxious regarding your health. They should refer you for some therapy.

I’m still waiting for my second blood test. It is scheduled for later this week but I may delay it until next week. I still feel as if my body isn’t completely over this nagging virus I have.

Had my repeat test last week (also checked for HIV and Hepatitis).

Popped into my surgery as I was local to ask about the results. Receptionist told me to make a routine appointment to discuss them with my GP. He did say they hadn’t been trying to call me and it wasn’t urgent.

Now I’m panicking again. The saga continues..

Elevated liver enzymes can be caused by medication or something like a fatty liver. Mine go up and down often depending on what I eat and how much fat I store in my belly. I got an ultrasound and everything looked fine outside of mild fatty liver. Doctor just told me to eat better and exercise.

Also, if you had the test during the flu then that could definitely be the cause of your elevated inflammation markers. Was it your C-reactive protein that was elevated?

I understand your concern but the time to freak out has not come yet. I’ve been there, I’ve done that and I didn’t have anything serious.

Quote Originally Posted by Seymour View Post
    Elevated liver enzymes can be caused by medication or something like a fatty liver. Mine go up and down often depending on what I eat and how much fat I store in my belly. I got an ultrasound and everything looked fine outside of mild fatty liver. Doctor just told me to eat better and exercise.

Also, if you had the test during the flu then that could definitely be the cause of your elevated inflammation markers. Was it your C-reactive protein that was elevated?

I understand your concern but the time to freak out has not come yet. I’ve been there, I’ve done that and I didn’t have anything serious.
    My ESR and white blood count was slightly elevated on the first test. Vitamin D was low. Liver enzymes ALT and ALP were almost twice the upper limit.

Re-test was last week along with HIV and Hepatitis check.

Something has obviously been flagged up again hence being told to book an appointment with my GP.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information