I've been struggling with panic attacks (and GAD) all my life, pretty intensely, and in the past few years, I've come to finally try breathing techniques. I had done them before but they would make me dizzy (which is common) and that would make me panic, at the time, but now I'm able to do 4-7-8 breathing. As anything, it doesn't always work, but many times it brings down my level quite considerably. Also, when it *doesn't* work, it's at least not aggravating the situation.

Lately I've restumbled upon "Cardiac Coherence", also called "Coherence breathing", but as opposed to 4 (breathe in), 7 (keep), 8 (exhale), they're, as the name suggests, same numbers, like 5-5, or 4-4.

I'm questioning myself on the 5-5 one, since the other (4-7-8) has double the expiration time, so I wanted to get feedback from you guys, whether you have more knowledge about it or whether you've found one to work better than the other. It would seem to me that the 4-7-8 seems to work more strongly but I could be wrong. Any thoughts or personal preferences?