Thread: Ovarian Cancer

Ovarian Cancer

So my new fear is ovarian cancer. I don't usually get HA with these kind of things that are kind of vague. My HA are more things I can see and feel (moles, lymph nodes, breast lumps etc). But a little over a week ago I had really bad pelvic and butt pain. I thought it was like trapped gas. It got better to the point where it wasn't really painful but still there. I'm also kind of bloated but I'm around 4 days away from my period. But the part that is freaking me out the most is that I haven't had much of an appetite all week. Like today all i've had is two donuts and some chips (I know, I know I usually don't eat bad). So the bloating, pelvic pain and loss of appetite is FREAKING me out. I also read the symptoms can come on quite quickly. I'm 28. What are the chances that it is ovarian cancer?
    Last edited by megan91; 01-06-19 at 21:56.

Re: Ovarian Cancer

Chances are very small as ovarian cancer is very rare, especially at your age. I get SEVERE pelvic pain with gas and bloating and it always happens at the same time in my cycle. My doctor can't figure it out but thinks it just has to do with how I'm eating at various points in my cycle. Mine is sharp pain across my whole pelvic region and often sharp pains shooting up when I sit down. Mine happens always around the time of ovulation. Still not a clue why, but I've had an ultrasound and nothing sinister is going on... just annoying.

It could be ovulation pain, I usually get mine mid cycle and it’s very similar.
    I’ve been through your fear and it’s not a nice one, but I would say that you have nothing to worry about. Your anxiety is probably causing all the other symptoms.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmm well my period is due tomorrow, so def not ovulation. I had a bit of tiny bit of spotting Saturday night, so I hope the spotting was because it is coming soon. It's just I'm usually starving before my period and it's the opposite. I am getting more and more bloated.

It was severe that one time. It really felt like trapped gas, maybe related to eating a good amount of watermelon. Which is what I'm trying to tell myself haha. It hasn't been severe since then but you know with HA, very vague pain is felt. I just want my period to come and hope the pain goes away. I have my annual the 19th, so if it isn't, I'll tell him. I just don't want to worry about this till then.

My lower back also hurts and I feel like I'm a little nauseous after eating. Hoping the nausea is just an HA thing and I'm just imagining it. All this came on so quickly. In the last few days

Still freaking out, alternating between OC and colon cancer. I'm having pelvic and lower back pain kind of even radiating to my left leg (feels like period cramps but thats over), bloated, little nauseous, and my bowel movements are still words . So tired of worrying about these symptoms. I have my annual appointment next week. I just feel so doomed.

It could also be an ovarian cyst - completely normal, not at all harmful, resolves on its own, but can cause this kind of pain. I just had a whole fiasco with my many fibroids and also discovered a small cyst. I had heinous cramping the past few days and that seems to have passed. It could also be reflux or mild gastritis. Ovarian and bowel cancer are SO rare in young people. There's no reason to think this is either of those things. And you don't have any other symptoms of them.

Thread Information