Thread: Colonoscopy after effects

Colonoscopy after effects

I had a colonoscopy three weeks ago (it was clear), but since this time I have been suffering from mild constipation, whereas before I was more on the looser side. Has anyone else suffered this side effect for so long, and if so, how long did it take to resolve itself. I also had 6 random tissue samples taken, could this have upset how things operate. I do not need a follow up appointment. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Colonoscopy after effects

My gut was pretty messed up after my colonoscopy too. I think the prep messes with the balance of your gut bacteria- and this is what upsets how things operate.

I've not been normal since cancer treatment but I actually was better for a while after the colonoscopy. I attribute it to the clean out prior. I wouldn't concern yourself and I wouldn't be wanting to go back to the looser side anyway

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

I thought my ibs symptoms would improve with a good clean out and clear results. I had a colonoscopy and endoscopy six days ago. Ive had alot of stomach cramps which Im told is due to my colon being invaded and prodded etc.
    But today I have awful nausea and am wondering if these symptoms could be due to the prep.
    Anyone else experience nausea up to a week later?

Well, they fill the bowel up with air for a clearer picture and it takes a while for the air to be expelled. During this time they take biopsies as well. It's normal to not go to the toilet for a few days after a colonoscopy as it takes time for the digested food to make it's way through and out!

I truly believe that healing after a colonoscopy takes time. Especially if the procedure is for diagnosis or sampling or removing polyps, etc. I had horrible pain and cramping after mine. It likely DOES mess with the bacteria as well. Hang in there. Eat healthy, drink lots of water.

As the other posters said... it takes time. After my colonoscopy it was about 2/3 weeks before the pains and disrupted motions stopped. I had a CT Colonography and the prep affected me so much that I had ulcer like pains and cramps for nearly 4 weeks, and yes I was nauseous too. Glad that you don’t need further treatment and hope all settles down soon.

Thread Information