Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Soap or spit?

Soap or spit?

I walked a short distance inside to work today at about 0610 and went to the bathroom around 1000 and brought my purse with me. As I was washing my hands I realized I needed to go to (sorry for tmi change my feminine hygiene pad) and when I was in the middle of washing my hands I accidentally flung some soap on the one side of the purse. I wiped it off then washed my hands again (an OCD thing). When I got back into the office and was getting ready to go on my break I noticed a spot on the top (near the zipper) on the other side of the purse that looked like a small puddle of spit. It was opaqueish and full of bubbles but looked very similar to the hand soap.
    I have no idea but this is freaking me out!! I have a few questions

1.) Could a rabid bat have dropped a rabid loogie on my handbag, and could I have potentially touched that and made contact with my lady parts (mucosal tissue) hence contracting this stupid disease?

2.) What does bat spit even look like? I know I’m being irrational but I’m so wound up and upset. This is my second rabies scare in the past two days and I can’t stop thinking about it

3.) was it soap or spit???

Re: Soap or spit?

Which of those options doesn't sound irrational to the point of outright lunacy?

I appreciate your honest insight. It helps me.

Good I know it's tough, but you have to at least try and look at these things in the way a non-HA person. I fight the irrationality myself pretty much every day.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    Good I know it's tough, but you have to at least try and look at these things in the way a non-HA person. I fight the irrationality myself pretty much every day.
    Aaaand literally I have a fear of having bat spit on my sleeve now because it’s slightly damp. I’ve been inside since an hour ago. Why. Am. I. This. Retarded?

You're not. You're unwell. With the right help, though, you can recover.

The fact you recognize how irrational you're being is a positive. As BlueIris said, getting real life professional help would be the way to go. You need some tools in your box to help quell the irrationality.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

I also forgot to mention that some of the threads were quite enjoyable to read because it brought a lot of humor into the situation which was soothing... so thank you!

I accidentally deleted my response because I'm a noob and I don't know how to use this site fully yet! haha! I meant to say thank you so much for your response and that I am indeed going back to see the psychiatrist Friday after next and hopefully will be put back onto the Zoloft i was on for so many years for my anxiety (I went off because I wasn't having any anxiety symptoms several months back) and I think it will be beneficial to go back on them.
    I noticed your responses to many of the Rabies fears threads and your insight specifically brought me a massive amount of comfor t that I literally screenshotted them on my phone to look at during uncertain times. So, a major THANK YOU!

I guess my area of uncertainty is there isn't a whole lot of posts regarding bat saliva...And my brain is automatically screaming BAT when I see something that i don't find "right". I just don't know what bat saliva would look like....

I know for a fact that my first twinge of anxiety is now irrelevant because bat bites are very obvious and you feel them... but I don't know what it means for me if I accidentally got into bat saliva and didn't know it! I don't know how to reassure myself...

Quote Originally Posted by NervousinSLC View Post
    but I don't know what it means for me if I accidentally got into bat saliva and didn't know it! I don't know how to reassure myself...

Well... it's not like rabid bats go around hocking loogies everywhere

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information