Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Quick question - anyone else get flat stools somtimes?

Re: Quick question - anyone else get flat stools somtimes?

Hi, this whole flat stools means cancer got me in a real bother in the last few months. I was convinced I had bowel cancer or something sinister there was no other reason why I would get flat stools. Although I am a known IBS sufferer. I wouldn’t let it go until my doctor caved in and decided she would treat me a new patient and started the typical IBS symptoms testing (in my defence I was diagnosed at a young age and doctor admitted there was nothing on my records to confirm it) I had my first feacel Calproctin test to determine any inflamtion and it came back high and needed to be repeated. Really got worked up and was worried and doctor was still convinced it was due to medication I was on that this was high I was convinced it was something more.eventually retested and guess what it’s all normal, no inflammation what so ever to indicate there couldn he something sinister happening in bowels. So as everyone says this flat stools can just happened and doesn’t have to mean it’s something sinister. I hope this helps.

Sunshinegirl82, did your doctor say if a calprotectic test can detect BC?

Quote Originally Posted by KrankerMann View Post
    Sunshinegirl82, did your doctor say if a calprotectic test can detect BC?
    Hi KrankerMann ... to be honest my doctor never thought I did have bowel cancer if anything she’d thought the worst I’d have is IBD. Of course no test are 100% however taking my age and other symptoms in to consideration she felt a feacel calproctin test would answer some question rather than a colonoscopy as it can be pretty invasive. Having done my research on feacel calproctin I have found that if you did have bowel cancer then your feacel calproctin levels would be high.When my first lot came in as 172 I was really worried and my doctor said if it was something more sinister then the levels would be a lot higher.i hope this helps

This helps me, I might ask for one of those! it's not as flat today but still looks like it's scraping against something as it comes out - bloody hell!

I always prefer a flat stool, so I don't slip off...

But on a more serious note, like others I've had lots of shapes & sizes over the years. Having roids affects mine I would imagine. Certainly flat, grooved, even fluffy clouds

haha - yes a flat stool is better than an oval one!
    Well yes with IBS poop does have the consistency of the weather . - you just never know what will happen, and I've had my fair share of fluffy clouds, soft serve ice cream, pebbles on a beach, lasagne and may others, I shouldn't be so alarmed by Flat Poop but it was seriously flat - like an architect has come and flattened it down for the perfect ergonomic chair above ... freaked me out and now I have a very upset stomach, maybe I have a bug!

When I had a bad bout of IBS last year, I had all sorts of weird stool shapes. Freaked the hell out of me at the time, but it eventually passed. Took a couple of months though. Digestive issues - ESPECIALLY ones that get worse with anxiety, as IBS is infamous for (and really, just about every stomach issue is worsened by anxiety) - can be really weird and take a while to go away. Doesn't at all mean it's something to worry about.

Yes this is ti isn't it, I have IBS and I know I have it as i've done everything including a CT colongraphy, yet as soon as something weird happens I freak out it's cancer or some deadly disease, it really is tiring, the right thing to do is wait a week and if I still have it go to Dr, that's what a normal person would do! Or actually a normal person would probably have ignored it! But thank you x

I went to my Dr and she said flat poop isn't an indication for her for a colonoscopy.
    So that was good I guess, still doesn't make me feel any better but at least i can stop looking at my poop.

Quote Originally Posted by tan235 View Post
    Kinda looks like the top has been scraped off?
    Sorry TMI I just went toilet and what I saw scared the living daylights out of me, - I have had this before but not to this extent. Looked like a poop ribbon!
    Anyone else?
    I had a CT Colonoscopy about 5 years ago - was all clear.... might be time to get a new one?
    I do have IBS.... anyone else?
    Yes, I do and I have all sorts of other shapes and sizes as well...very typical of IBS. Sometimes I go 3 times a day sometimes just once. I have all bran with my porridge and this helps to bulk things up. The shape is of no consequence, only bleeding is.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information