Thread: Genital Herpes fear after getting laser hair removal

Genital Herpes fear after getting laser hair removal

This is a little TMI.

Back in February I have Brazilian laser hair done. No issue.

I went back the next month. This time as soon as I got home my bottom and other areas down there started itching. It stayed like this for a week. It was irritated and itching as hell.

Fast forward a few days ago I came across an article that mentioning how laser hair removal can cause genital herpes outbreaks. Then I remembered how bad I had itching during my last laser hair appointment. Now I'm worried and freaking out that I have herpes.

I've booked an appointment to get tested, but I'm so worried now. Especially since I'm in a new relationship with an awesome guy. If I have herpes I don't know how he'll react and I hope that I didn't pass it onto him if I do have it.

I cannot think straight or eat. My appointment is on Friday I'm trying to keep it together but I don't know how.

Re: Genital Herpes fear after getting laser hair removal

So the procedure can cause an outbreak. Makes sense IF you have it in the first place. There's really no mistaking an outbreak IF you have it. Since there's only one way of getting it and its not laser hair removal, again, unless you have it, you didn't get it that way.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    So the procedure can cause an outbreak. Makes sense IF you have it in the first place. There's really no mistaking an outbreak IF you have it. Since there's only one way of getting it and its not laser hair removal, again, unless you have it, you didn't get it that way.

Positive thoughts
    Oh I don't think I got it from the laser. Of course I know the way you can get it. But I'm worried I may have caught herpes from someone and either they didn't know or didn't disclose to me. I read that someone can have herpes for years without knowing.

Then itching couldn't have been from the laser because I had a treatment before that. It's wasn't until the second treatment I had itching and irritation. And the itching lasted a week.

Hopefully my fears are wrong. But I have this pitting feeling it's something more sinister.

If you were having an outbreak, there would have been more symptoms than some itching and irritation for a week I assure you.

I wanted to add.... the fact is, more than 50% of the population has type 1 or type 2. Much more when you consider that many don't know they have the virus. And that's all it is, a virus. Finally, you've had a procedure in a sensitive area and itching and irritation are the most common symptom of laser hair removal (don't 'yeah but' me that it didn't happen the first time, that doesn't matter. They could have had the juice turned up a little more this time and/or you didn't have as much hair )

Positive thoughts
    Last edited by Fishmanpa; 04-06-19 at 17:06.
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    If you were having an outbreak, there would have been more symptoms than some itching and irritation for a week I assure you.

I wanted to add.... the fact is, more than 50% of the population has type 1 or type 2. Much more when you consider that many don't know they have the virus. And that's all it is, a virus. Finally, you've had a procedure in a sensitive area and itching and irritation are the most common symptom of laser hair removal (don't 'yeah but' me that it didn't happen the first time, that doesn't matter. They could have had the juice turned up a little more this time and/or you didn't have as much hair )

Positive thoughts
    Thanks loads your reply. I’ll try my best to keep positive during these days. I was doing well with my HA and when I read that article it just triggered me. I hate how HA just sneaks up on you.

Thread Information