Oy, I just posted a question and somehow deleted it!

Anyway. I'm trying to figure out if the symptoms I've been having for the past 6-8 months are IBS.

I first thought they were related to my cycle because the pain I get almost exclusively comes on the last day of my period and extends through ovulation. But my OBGYN thought they were more likely gastrointestinal issues independent of my cycle.

Many of my symptoms match up with IBS, but there are two that I don't see on any of the descriptions:

A very tender lower abdomen - not just bad pain and gas, which I have, but my lower abdomen gets extremely tender to the touch. I don't have to press hard (though if I do it's very painful!), just sudden movements, going over bumps in the car, or coughing illicit pain.

And second, when this pain is at its worst my lower abdomen can feel very firm, particular from my pubic bone up towards my belly button, which I assume is my colon. Are these colon spasms? This happens particularly when I've skipped a bowel movement for a day, but happened yesterday when I had been pretty regular.

So my question is, does anyone get a tender, form abdomen from IBS? I'm so frustrated with these symptoms because they definitely affect my quality of life at this point. They usually only last about a week each month, but even that is a huge bummer.

My anxiety has been very well under control for many months now, so I don't think that's having a huge effect. The only thing I can think of is that I will feel slightly more anxiety right before my period, so perhaps that's affecting my digestive system and resulting in the symptoms started a few days later.

Any insight is appreciated!!