Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: I think I've fallen off the wagon. Feeling defeated.

Re: I think I've fallen off the wagon. Feeling defeated.

Glad to hear you got some answers, Erin.

I guess this is something you need to change your thinking about so that it doesn't spike you in the future? So more about learning to live with a chronic condition perhaps?

Something that may be challenging when it comes to things like lumps with HA but you have plenty of evidence that this condition, should it flare up, is something that can be treated and it's rare it will be something other than what your doctor believes. Basically one of those bad hands so many are dealt with when it comes to health. I hope it remains as dormant in your life as possible so you don't have further challenges with it.

Re: I think I've fallen off the wagon. Feeling defeated.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    Glad to hear you got some answers, Erin.

I guess this is something you need to change your thinking about so that it doesn't spike you in the future? So more about learning to live with a chronic condition perhaps?

Something that may be challenging when it comes to things like lumps with HA but you have plenty of evidence that this condition, should it flare up, is something that can be treated and it's rare it will be something other than what your doctor believes. Basically one of those bad hands so many are dealt with when it comes to health. I hope it remains as dormant in your life as possible so you don't have further challenges with it.
    Thanks, Terry. Yeah I think my biggest issue was feeling like for so long my doctor didn't take them seriously since I'd had a bad experience. I had to schedule my own ultrasounds and if I hadn't, now that they're so big I'd have no way of seeing how fast they grew, etc... My new doctor is great and attentive and more compassionate, so I feel in good hands.

I was worried the pain I had all last week would persist, but it is passing. So, I feel comfortable just keeping and eye. Chances are good I'll need another surgery down the road with to remove them or my whole uterus but it seems like it can wait.

My biggest fear was/is losing control of the situation since last time it happened so suddenly and was such a scary emergency. This time, this started so close to when my law school starts and I was so upset at the thought that I may require surgery right now and thrown off all my plans. But, since it appears things can wait I can maintain control and plan how to deal with it in a way I'm comfortable with and works for me.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread Information