Thread: I'm scared I'm about to have a heart attack

I'm scared I'm about to have a heart attack

I have battled tachycardia for the past couple years. I have had many heart tests which all come back normal apart from sinus tachycardia. However, in the past month, I have developed a crushing pain in my left arm and jaw. It started in the arm and eventually spread upwards. I have been to the ER a bunch of times and each time, they say it's not a heart attack. The pain is present more often than not and occurs throughout the day, worsening when I am active at all. I have also had some reflux and nausea. All symptoms of a heart attack. This pain will not go away. I feel like the doctors are missing something, that a heart attack is looming or that it's unstable angina. The doctors have taken me seriously each time I go in, but I feel like I'm living there and they have yet to give me an answer. It's so terrifying. I type this as I sit awake with crushing arm and jaw pain, frightened I will die tonight and leave my babies alone. I'm 29. What should I do?

Re: I'm scared I'm about to have a heart attack

What did the doctors suggest it could be? Did they mention panic attack / anxiety? Have you got any help for your anxiety?
    You have been checked over by experts many times, take comfort from that because you are physically fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Scass View Post
    What did the doctors suggest it could be? Did they mention panic attack / anxiety? Have you got any help for your anxiety?
    You have been checked over by experts many times, take comfort from that because you are physically fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They didn't suggest anything. I had numerous ECGs, an echo, an aortic CT angiogram, x-rays, etc. My triponin is never elevated. The symptoms have been so much worse today, so I'm scared. My husband told me that they would have seen it already if it was sinister, but I feel like there is nothing else it could be.

Chest and arm pain are also symptoms of reflux. It can be incredibly painful. Your heart tests have come back normal and you really are far too young to be worrying about a heart attack.

Whether you feel it's an impending heart attack or not is irrelevant as you're not qualified to diagnose yourself like that. The medical professionals who HAVE diagnosed you are though

I've had 2 heart attacks, triple bypass and stents and angina as a cherry on the top. At 29 and having more tests than I've had in the last few years. I can absolutely assure you, you wouldn't be on an anxiety forum typing if you were having a heart attack.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Thank you. I'm STILL having the issues and feel so defeated. The jaw and left arm pain are overwhelming on exertion and if I get emotionally upset. It even happens when I'm at rest, just not as bad. I don't know of anything but angina that would cause that. Tylenol, heating pads and such are not working. I only get relief when I sleep. It's so scary!

If it goes away when you sleep then it can't be anything serious can it?

Ask them what you can do about it?

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

I have woken from the pain. But some nights I don't. I think I just don't notice it as much when I sleep. I don't know? They haven't told me anything to do. The ER doc said it sounded cardiac and sent me back to my cardiologist but my appointment isn't for a few weeks.

Thread Information