Thread: Pain after endoscopy and colonoscopy

Pain after endoscopy and colonoscopy

I had an endoscopy and colonoscopy yesterday due to ongoing ibs symptoms. The results were clear thank goodness.
    But today I have pain when I swallow, would that be due to tube from endoscopy?
    I also have chest pain and alot of burping. Would that be due to colonoscopy? Anyone else had this experience and how long did it last?

Re: Pain after endoscopy and colonoscopy

Definitely from the procedures. Could last a few days.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

I had some rectal discomfort after my flexible sigmoidoscopy, and also my bowels took a few days to settle down. I'd imagine it's common to have some physical side effects after invasive procedures.

Yes I had the same after the endoscopy. I felt a bit like I’d been beaten up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for your answers. I think because I had clear test results I was so happy I didn't expect all these after effects.
    Mostly pain in upper abdomen and it hurts when I swallow food unless its yoghurt or custard.
    Hope its better tomorrow

Yes that sounds about right. It’ll be better tomorrow I’m sure. Yay for your clear test results!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Beckybecks View Post
    I had an endoscopy and colonoscopy yesterday due to ongoing ibs symptoms. The results were clear thank goodness.
    But today I have pain when I swallow, would that be due to tube from endoscopy?
    I also have chest pain and alot of burping. Would that be due to colonoscopy? Anyone else had this experience and how long did it last?
    Yes for both...endoscopy because they take biopsies from the oesophagus and it takes a while to heal and yes to colonoscopy as they fill the colon with air to expand it so they can see better and the wind remains trapped for some time.

IBS worse after colonoscopy?

I had a colonoscopy and endoscopy three days ago. My IBS symptoms were actually improving at the time but because I have anxiety aggravated IBS the Doctor felt it would be a good idea for my peace of mind.
    The results were clear and I was happy about that. I thought, well that's that then, now I know there's nothing wrong I'll get better.
    Apart from the normal after effects of excess gas and some discomfort from the Endoscopy Ive been fine.
    I stck to my same diet and had my first bowel movement today, which I thought was good progress.
    Then tonight I got hit by the same old grumbling tummy and cramps and it seems my symptoms are back as bad as ever.
    Im sitting here at 2.30 in the morning with a heat pad on my tummy and feeling really fed up that I'm back to square one.
    I read that the prep solution can be a problem for ibs sufferers and can have fairly long lasting results.
    Anyone else have these problems?
    If so, how long did it last? Did you take anything that helped?

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Thread Information