Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: The weight lost comments ugh

Re: The weight lost comments ugh

The next time she says something I’m
    Going to say I don’t feel comfortable discussing my weight with you

Well, I had a look at your Instagram too and you look great! Cool style. You will get noticed a lot I bet.

You certainly aren't skinny an you certainly aren't overweight or out of shape. It must be a US thing because I would have thought a lot of UK women would aim for that size?

Walking is definitely healthy. Didn't you mention you cycle too?

Weight, BMI, etc are guides. BMI is based on out of date demographic information. Waist-hip ratio is more the thing these days which I bet Nancy can tell us about. It's certainly more important as you get older as it determines are % risk for disease. Again that's more about someone with a large waist size carrying more visceral fat which is going to be more a danger as you get older and things slow down.

But even with all this it's not exact science and each body can be different. For instance, you see my top 2 sections of abs now I've lost weight yet my waist measurement is still an inch over what it needs to be under let alone to be in shape and it's because I tend to carry more in a few areas. I've still got a double chin despite having my BMI within range! Something which annoys me but I know cortisol plays a role in trunk fat and since cortisol and anxiety go hand in hand I expect that area will hold more until I lose even more.

Thanks for the compliment. Living in nyc people are pretty used to crazy outfits but I do get noticed. It may be a USA thing. My love of vintage has shown me that we have really gotten a lot bigger as a species

Quote Originally Posted by Weasley123 View Post
    Thanks for the compliment. Living in nyc people are pretty used to crazy outfits but I do get noticed. It may be a USA thing. My love of vintage has shown me that we have really gotten a lot bigger as a species
    You're gorgeous and look presently healthy! I would never in a million years think you looked unwell. Keep rocking your style!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread Information