Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Anxious regarding head injury again.

Anxious regarding head injury again.

So Saturday I kinda hit my head off of my forearm when sitting down at my desk cross armed. Nothing happened and went about my day. Sunday night rolls around and I get up out of my desk chair and my legs and arms feel so weak I just wanted to lay down badly. At that point, I started to worry.

Since then, I've had a slight unsteadiness at times when walking and feel on/off pressure in my head. If I bent over , the pressure would get worse. Aside from those symptoms, nothing else of note. Just pressure around head, achy jaw line and back of head where start of neck is.

Been through similar but my anxiety is through the roof because I fear a slow brain bleed or something. Although if I am showing symptoms, then that would mean the bleed is bad enough and should be causing much worse than what I'm showing.

Sigh ☹️

Re: Anxious regarding head injury again.

What exactly is your forearm made out of?

Go watch some boxing, then re-read what you just wrote. It's frankly absurd.

My 5 year old has smashed her head on tables, counters, floors, her own knee, car doors, tall people's elbows.... so many times I cannot count. The force with which she hits her head is amazing sometimes and she has never had any problems or even a concussion. You're fine!

Idk but the pressure in my head is worrisome? Or something that will pass? And I smashed my forehead right into my forearm hard out of anger.

I mean, I'm not a medical professional, but the pressure is more likely to be anxiety I'd think. Also, you could have strained your neck and shoulders when hitting your head. I once smashed my forehead onto a concrete floor with fully force by accident (don't ask!) and I was fine. I was in high school and it didn't even occur to me to go to the doctor or tell anyone! I'm pretty sure I had a concussion but I was 100% fine.

I don't think the anxiety is it because I had the pressure happen before i started getting anxiety about my head. my legs feel a little weak at times or unsettled to where i kinda feel like i'll tilt over a bit but not really. idk, i feel it's maybe more a minor concussion than anything but the slow brain bleed scares me. Because it could take time for that to show. Then again, since i'm showing symptoms, maybe it's not that.

I mainly want to feel better and not have this pressure but idk what to do about it. painkillers themselves aren't really helping much. maybe stuff suited for sinus/allergies will help?

I've been hit on the back of the head by a full-sized glider that was being moved on the ground. If I escaped serious ill-effects from that, there is NO WAY you have a concussion from catching your head on your forearm.

Again, look at contact sports such as boxing or martial arts. It's generally accepted that peak forces range between 1000-1500lbs on impact, with head acceleration often reaching 50g, or 50 times the force of gravity. These guys (and gals) take this punishment for years.

I can guarantee you that you smashing your head against your forearm won't create the kind of problem you're imagining.

Head pressure is common with anxiety, really common.

Hmm, maybe so. I've been taking sinus tablets and it seems to help relieve the pressure quite a bit. it still lingers a bit but it really makes life more manageable again. Idk if that's reason for optimism or not but that might mean it's more sinus related than anything.

I had a solid glass full of beer thrown off my head from a foot away. Opened a inch long wound in my scalp that you could see my skull through. Didn't even go to A+E. Dressed it, and monitored it. Guess what, no concussion, and neither have you. Frankly, what your describing is absurd.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information