Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Anxious regarding head injury again.

Re: Anxious regarding head injury again.

Quote Originally Posted by wilky44 View Post
    Frankly, what your describing is absurd.
    Agreed. One does not suffer a head injury by "kind of" hitting their head on their forearm.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by wilky44 View Post
    I had a solid glass full of beer thrown off my head from a foot away. Opened a inch long wound in my scalp that you could see my skull through. Didn't even go to A+E. Dressed it, and monitored it. Guess what, no concussion, and neither have you. Frankly, what your describing is absurd.
    Hey me too, although it was my friends brother who accidentally (stupidly) threw a pint glass into the sky, which landed on my head. In my case though, 18 stitches in two places.

/highfive

To add to the stories of hitting heads. When I was 13 I thought it would be a marvellous idea to try and ride my bike with my eyes closed...on a road. Luckily for me it was housing estate so not really any cars driving around to hit me. Unlucky for me it turns out riding your bike with your eyes closed isn’t as easy as it sounds (what a surprise). I end up riding into a metal fence which caused me to fall off my bike and smash the side of my head directly into one of the metal bars. I didn’t feel myself actually hit the floor, I either passed out was just so shocked I didn’t notice. Ran all the way home leaving my bike in the road...but no concussion or bleed from that.

I get what you are saying but what am I experiencing then? The ringing in ears and pressure around head must mean something? And I felt super weak standing up Sunday night, after 36 hours of hitting my head. I got up and just immediately slouched with my arms and my legs felt weak and when i sat down, it was with a thud because i was so weak. Smashing my head straight into my forearm shouldn't cause problems but yet, something is happening.

It's been over 6 days since the hit to the head and I feel like it's probably not a brain bleed at this point but I have no idea if the pressure will cease or what to take. Because pain killers don't do much for me.

The pressure in my head got kinda bad today after the previous day of being non-existent. I'm a bit worried that I'll have to keep taking medicine to ease the pain/pressure but even then, it's not completely erasing it when I take it. I wish I knew what I was dealing with because this shouldn't be happening after bumping my head hard against my forearm.

Has it ever occurred to you that you might have a simple tension headache caused by all the fretting over this?

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    Has it ever occurred to you that you might have a simple tension headache caused by all the fretting over this?
    No because it started up before I was even worried about any of this. It seems to do better after a night of sleep but flares up sometimes later in day. I haven't even been thinking much of it today because it hasn't been bothering so far today.

Quote Originally Posted by Seaster View Post
    No because it started up before I was even worried about any of this. It seems to do better after a night of sleep but flares up sometimes later in day. I haven't even been thinking much of it today because it hasn't been bothering so far today.
    That wasn't stated in your initial post and you apparently are thinking about it as you're posting Look, stress does all sorts of f'd up things to your body regardless of anxiety. I've had a lot of stress recently due to life situations and I've been getting headaches regularly for months. Not once did I consider it unusual or sinister. I just pop a couple ibuprofen and go on about my business like the vast majority of people do.

The issue is anxiety and stress and treating that will also help the real physical side effects of it.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

It's just that someone told me about some girl in her 20's that fell and bumped her head from minor fall, no symptoms or anything from it, and died 2 weeks later due to a brain bleed. of course, my situation is a bit different as i hit my forehead. but that's why i am concerned. I have been checked out the last time i hit my head and they didn't find anything wrong. (last time, it felt like everything was spinning so you could say it was worse than this time perhaps.)

i'm no expert but if the symptoms i am having was from a brain bleed, then obviously things would be pretty dire for me now? Because i've been dealing with the pressure around my head all week long.

Could it be anxiety and stress? Sure, but idk if my hit to the head plays a role into it though because the blow and the jolt of my head could have be enough to create minor like symptoms to what i have now.

Quote Originally Posted by Seaster View Post
    It's just that....
    A severe case of "Yeah but..." disease for sure
    Positive thoughts

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information