Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Anxious regarding head injury again.

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

Re: Anxious regarding head injury again.

Quote Originally Posted by Seaster View Post
    It's just that someone told me about some girl in her 20's that fell and bumped her head from minor fall, no symptoms or anything from it, and died 2 weeks later due to a brain bleed. of course, my situation is a bit different as i hit my forehead. but that's why i am concerned. I have been checked out the last time i hit my head and they didn't find anything wrong. (last time, it felt like everything was spinning so you could say it was worse than this time perhaps.)

i'm no expert but if the symptoms i am having was from a brain bleed, then obviously things would be pretty dire for me now? Because i've been dealing with the pressure around my head all week long.

Could it be anxiety and stress? Sure, but idk if my hit to the head plays a role into it though because the blow and the jolt of my head could have be enough to create minor like symptoms to what i have now.

Think of the head trauma sustained by boxers....the human body is not a fragile china doll.

You will be fine but get your HA under the thumb

Never Surrender, Comrade

Yeah, i'm worrying too much. I know. I get out of bed and my head feels pressure as soon as I stand up, slightly woozy. Is that anxiety or minor symptoms from the blow (s) to the head? (have hit my head plenty of times over years, most accidental, some out of stupidity)

And how do I treat the symptoms?

And how do I treat the symptoms?
    Treat the anxiety

While I do have anxiety, I am not sure it's causing the pressure around my head. I sometimes even feel the pressure on the sides of my cheeks under my temples too. I wish people could tell me I don't have a possible brain bleed situation or something because I've tried being calm and all, but the pressure is still there regardless what I do.

Sleep is the only thing that totally gets rid of it but it comes back eventually when starting my day. The Tylenol stuff i'm taking is not helping the pressure either. I feel the hits to the head is the reason for what is happening.

I just know last time I went to ER for a hit to head, the CT Scan found nothing even though I was dazed and felt similar symptoms. It's just the not knowing that bothers me and I wish someone could explain why I don't have what I think I might have. It'd help keep me calm.

Sleep is the only thing that totally gets rid of it but it comes back eventually when starting my day.
    Sleep would not eliminate the symptoms of something as serious as a brain bleed or any other serious illness for that matter. The symptom returning eventually during that day is evidence its anxiety and stress related as you're consciously thinking about it.

Positive thoughts
    Last edited by Fishmanpa; 10-06-19 at 19:20.
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

While I do have anxiety, I am not sure it's causing the pressure around my head. I sometimes even feel the pressure on the sides of my cheeks under my temples too. I wish people could tell me I don't have a possible brain bleed situation or something because I've tried being calm and all, but the pressure is still there regardless what I do.

Sleep is the only thing that totally gets rid of it but it comes back eventually when starting my day. The Tylenol stuff i'm taking is not helping the pressure either. I feel the hits to the head is the reason for what is happening.

I just know last time I went to ER for a hit to head, the CT Scan found nothing even though I was dazed and felt similar symptoms. It's just the not knowing that bothers me and I wish someone could explain why I don't have what I think I might have. It'd help keep me calm.

Only your own thoughts can keep you calm i'm afraid. The area that you're feeling pressure is in the sinuses and it's incredibly common and would not be effected by if you hit your head or not. The obsessive nature of your thoughts will not be helping you calm in any way, shape or form. You have the power to not be feeling this way, the sensation you are experiencing is uncomfortable but in no way inherently dangerous. It's allergy season, and you're obviously feeling very stressed right now - neither of those will be helping your situation at all.

As nice of a thought as it is to just 'be calm' and that taking the sensations we feel away that's really far from how it actually works. The long term effects that stress has on the body can't be eradicated by a few moments of peace, also frankly if you're 'trying to be calm' then your not, only bottling or pushing things away. Calm is a state that comes about through time not trying.

If sleep makes it go away that would point towards your sinuses being inflamed or blocked in some way that being led down, perhaps without the window open? is helping. When there's actually something wrong it's not gone when you wake up, it hits full force the second you're awake or it wakes you up.

Positive Vibes,

Mouse.

But I have promises to keep,

And miles to go before I sleep. - Robert Frost

Well, the medicines I'm taking are not helping the sinuses if it's partially due to that. I know my dad is having similar issues as well so that tells me it's like sinuses but I didn't know sinuses caused ringing in ears too, which my dad also has.

Hitting my head might have just been just that and nothing really coming out of it. (I hope this stays that way.)

The pressure just gets really bad and I have noticed that it's worse when outdoors. I work an outside job and on those days are when it's been bad enough to feel like an actual headache. On my days off, not so bad as i'm inside but still present regardless just to a bit of lesser degree. still uncomfortable.

Well, the medicines I'm taking are not helping the sinuses if it's partially due to that. I know my dad is having similar issues as well so that tells me it's like sinuses but I didn't know sinuses caused ringing in ears too, which my dad also has.

Hitting my head might have just been just that and nothing really coming out of it. (I hope this stays that way.)

The pressure just gets really bad and I have noticed that it's worse when outdoors. I work an outside job and on those days are when it's been bad enough to feel like an actual headache. On my days off, not so bad as i'm inside but still present regardless just to a bit of lesser degree. still uncomfortable.
    Could certainly be a pattern worth thinking about then! I believe that the active ingredient in Tylenol is paracetamol - that certainly wouldn't do diddly for my allergies. You could try something more geared towards the issues your having, perhaps an over the counter anti-histamine?

The sinuses can certainly effect the ears and give you headache, it's my first clue that I need to start my allergy meds for the season. If it's worse when outdoors and less so when your inside you have cause and effect that has nothing to do with you hitting your head whatsoever.

You're doing a really good job to think through logically right now, well done!

Mouse.

But I have promises to keep,

And miles to go before I sleep. - Robert Frost

I don't know where you are Seaster, but here in the Mid-Atlantic, the allergies have been the worst I can remember in a decade. My car has been literally yellow with pollen in the mornings! You work outdoors and correlate it being worse when you're working so what's the logical reason/answer here? I'm with Midnight-Mouse about an OTC allergy med. My wife and I take one and keep a bottle of Flonase around when they get really bad.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Whenever I stand up from sitting down, I'll have this knot like feeling in my head that gives the illusion that I'm unsteady when walking. That's another reason I'm a bit concerned because idk what that is. Only happens when first moving around. I do think my hit to forehead did something to me.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information