Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Should I go or am I being silly?

Re: Bowel Cancer home test

My husband has terrible ibs (they can’t find a cause for any of it so they diagnosed ibs) he bleeds regularly. Sometimes red sometimes dark blood. He has terrible stomach cramps and his stools are always loose. He spends huge amounts of time on the toilet bless him. He hasn’t got bowel cancer though even though he has all the symptoms. Stress aggravates his tenfold.

Its not uncommon to have bouts of ibs with anxiety and depression.

I too have worried non stop for stop for two years now about terminal cancer. My current obsession since xmas is my breasts but mainly my right as I’m getting more pain and shoulder pain. I can’t find any lumps but it’s so hard not to spiral. I have found my anxiety has caused me so many physical pains and symptoms.

My counselor told me she had to drop out part way through her degree as she had awful back pain that spiralled and they couldn’t really find a cause after mri scans. She said it consumed her and she was on seriously strong meds. Her physio lady suggested it could all be in her head which she hadn’t thought of and with in a week the pain had gone. Her point being anxiety over pain and issues can cause false pain and problems xx

Re: Bowel Cancer home test

Stomach bugs do cause weird coloured poo. I have one at the moment. My poo is yellow

Should I go or am I being silly?

I just wondered if some of my symptoms are worth a doctor visit, like would a normal person go or is it just my anxiety playing up - it’s so hard to know if your being rational and it’s worth a visit!

Symptoms that come and go
    Right side sharp chest pain normally when I turn a certain way or something
    I have had 2 incidences of bleeding when passing a stool, I’ve been to the doc about these already and they didn’t seem concerned, 1 was hemorrhoids when I was pregnant and one was passing a large stool with lots of pain
    Had a tummy bug, waves of sickness and clay colour stools - this has now gone - I have a kid at nursery.... he brings back everything

Symptoms I have atm
    Gas pains a lot (maybe an allergy, food intolerance that’s come on?)
    Feeling of something being just inside my bottom ... I’ve presumed this is an internal hem until now

I did do a home bowel cancer test and it came back negative - not sure how accurate they are

Just wondering if me thinking my anxiety is bad is making me be not as cautious as I should be ... or if I’m just being silly !

Re: Should I go or am I being silly?

Honestly, I'd leave it a few weeks. Nothing here that would send me to the GP (although to be fair, I once dodged medical help despite a broken elbow so I may not be best placed to judge)

Re: Should I go or am I being silly?

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

Elen

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information